LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Walk Soft & Carry Big Stick!
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to send a great big ol' THANK YOU out to Scooter70 for the invite and all the extra help in my first Track Day (a.k.a. High Performance Driving Event) at Grattan Raceway in Belding, Mi. yesterday. I had an absolut blast, despite mother nature trying to rain on our parade. Hell, the rain just made it that much more tricky and fun to run and learn.

If any of you would like to spend a day driving your GTO balls-to-the-wall on a twisty turning up and down road course, in a highly controlled environment, with plenty of instructors readily willing and available to help you out, I highly recommend attending one of these events. I likin it to riding a rollercoaster for 20 minutes at a time, only you're the one piloting the vehicle. If you want to elevate your heart rate and keep it there for 20 minutes at a time, then this is the way to do it. Hell, it'll take another 5 or 10 minutes for it to settle down again once you're out of the car.

Here's a link to the racecourse: http://www.grattanraceway.com/index.html

Yesterday was a great time, I'll look forward to the next, probably next year I'd imagine...

Thanks again Scooter70!

Good Day!

·
Walk Soft & Carry Big Stick!
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
yeah, I know it! I talked to him in the pits. He had that thing "hopped" up. Most of the small cars could out run me in the twisties, but usually, I could walk away from them down the front stretch. He was was one of the small cars I couldn't pull...

still, alot of fun! Learned alot too! The instructors were great about tryin to teach us the right way to do it, impossible to get it all the first time out...

·
Will design cars for food
1,540 Posts
Sean and Keith,
It was nice to meet both of you. I'm glad that you enjoyed yourselves and hopefully we hooked another guy on road racing. I was talking to Ken Saturday afternoon and we were discussing going to Gingerman next spring. Maybe we can get a few more GTOs out there.

I have a few pictures & videos that my buddy took of my car. I'll post them up when I get home. (My sig pic is a little preview of turn 3.)

-Matt

·
Registered
88 Posts
A good day at a road course is tough to beat - I took my SVT Focus to Gingerman a handful of times and had a blast. There are some guys from my work here planning to go to Gingerman this Thursday if anybody is interested - $60 to run 20 minutes sessions, 5:30 until dark. I probably won't run until next spring - but I'll be there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts