LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last two vehicles I owned were GTP-powered Grand Prix's. I didn't like the DRLs on all of the time so I pulled out the DRL fuse.

I plan to do the same thing on my new GTO (assuming it's as easy as pulling the fuse).

What do you plan to do?

Bobp16

:cool:
 

·
13 year owner
Joined
·
16,379 Posts
I've removed them on all the vehicles except the HD. The HD's are actually cool as they are their own little lights and when combined with just the driving lights on have a cool look.

I plan on disabling them on the GTO also.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
84 Posts
I've had my 98 GTP since March 98 and have never understood the griping about the DRLs. When you're driving, you don't even know they are on.:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
459 Posts
Suprfun said:
I'm hoping the DRL's on the GTO are the parking lights not the head lights and I'd leave them on.
My thoughts exactly.
 

·
13 year owner
Joined
·
16,379 Posts
nasa43 said:
I've had my 98 GTP since March 98 and have never understood the griping about the DRLs. When you're driving, you don't even know they are on.:)
Why do people upgrade the other lights on their vehicle aside for improved performance?

Cause I don't like running around with my headlights on in the case of my trucks and Camaro's look stupid with their parking lights on all the time. Everytime I see one with it's DRL's on I cringe

The only vehicle that is the exception is my 2500HD as the DRL's are their own separate light. It actually is a cool look on cloudy days when you have them on (in gear) and the driving lights below on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
CMNTMXR57 said:
Why do people upgrade the other lights on their vehicle aside for improved performance?

Cause I don't like running around with my headlights on in the case of my trucks and Camaro's look stupid with their parking lights on all the time. Everytime I see one with it's DRL's on I cringe

The only vehicle that is the exception is my 2500HD as the DRL's are their own separate light. It actually is a cool look on cloudy days when you have them on (in gear) and the driving lights below on.
Where is the improved performance in turning the DRL's off? :wall: :)

Personally I like the safety aspect of the DRL's but I don't like the glare from the headlight type of DRL. DRL's work in my favor when the person driving the other car is to lazy to turn their lights on in adverse conditions such as fog, ect...

And no I don't work for an insurance company! :D
 

·
13 year owner
Joined
·
16,379 Posts
Suprfun said:
Where is the improved performance in turning the DRL's off? :wall: :)

Personally I like the safety aspect of the DRL's but I don't like the glare from the headlight type of DRL. DRL's work in my favor when the person driving the other car is to lazy to turn their lights on in adverse conditions such as fog, ect...

And no I don't work for an insurance company! :D
Where did I ever say it added a performance aspect? Are you going to do any aesthetic upgrades to your GTO when you get it? If so, I will be too! One of them is removing DRL's!

When I worked at the dealer I even ordered a car without them which in 96 you could do if you knew who to talk to. From there I've simply overriden them by removing the fuse, unplugging the relay, or tricking it with a certain ohm resistor. On the Camaro you actually kill two birds with one stone. You also kill the annoying twilight sentinel feature.

I don't need big brother protecting me because some moron who can't see but yet somehow got a license through their office "didn't see" my 7,000lb brick coming at them at speed!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Sorry! I must have misunderstood the first line of your previous post! Quote: Why do people upgrade the other lights on their vehicle aside for improved performance? Unquote. I mistakenly thought you considered unhooking the DRL's an upgrade and that it improved their performance by that statement. :D I apologize if I read that for something other than you meant it to be! I know that your being GOD must mean I'm in error here! :D
 

·
13 year owner
Joined
·
16,379 Posts
You're the first to notice that. :D

I figure by removing the DRL's and adding a few stickers, I should EASILY be over 400bhp. :D
 

·
13 year owner
Joined
·
16,379 Posts
Three Wise Men's sticker emporium over at the corner of the black sea drive and gates of hell avenue. :D
 

·
13 year owner
Joined
·
16,379 Posts
I noticed yours when I was in the other forum. I wondered if DY had done that. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
i just hope that the headlights dont stay on after the cars off until you pull the goddamn parking brake. it pissed me off so bad all the time in my grand am gt, whenever i wanted the headlights off and interior lights off after i turned off the car i had to pull the fucking E brake. goddamn, that was the main reason i got rid of the car, this one BETTER NOT be like that or I WONT BUY IT for sure. i dont care if the things 1000hp for 20k i wont buy it for 1cent if that "feature" is on there.
 

·
member
Joined
·
55 Posts
Well you know it may have the nifty little feature that almost all new GM vehicles (all the trucks have them)have. When you push the "Dome Override" button three times a chime well, chimes and poof! both the Drl's and auto headlights are gone
 

·
13 year owner
Joined
·
16,379 Posts
GMLOAD said:
Well you know it may have the nifty little feature that almost all new GM vehicles (all the trucks have them)have. When you push the "Dome Override" button three times a chime well, chimes and poof! both the Drl's and auto headlights are gone
Yea, but pushing your Dome override three times everytime you start it gets annoying after awhile! Been there, done that.
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Top