LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Rear Seat Delete Builder
4,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After reading "philpio" post about making your own dead pedal. I went farther. I used a 8" long 2x4 and measured it in half. At the half way mark I cut a curve to the edge of the 2x4 It looks like a knife tip. I then added an
" L" bracket on each side to keep it from moving. It is lying on its side, curve side out. Remove the side trim panel and pull up the carpet. It tucks under nice . Push the carpet over it and mold it a bit. replace the trim piece and you have a nice hump for your left foot. The floor mat covers most of it.

Drawings and pics to follow

Philpios post:
http://www.gtoforum.com/showthread.php?t=235

·
Registered
422 Posts
Just got my GTO last week and the first thing I missed from my old car was the dead pedal. I'm gonna have to make one of these, but since so many people want dead pedals (after reading several other threads on the subject) it seems like it would make sense for some company to produce a version of this. Since its just one solid piece and is a ridculously easy installation, it seems like a company could mass produce for incredibly cheap. Even after I make a wood one, I'd definately shell out for a custom fit plastic or metal one.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Actually my wood working skills are sub-par at best. Would anyone be willing to make and mail me one for a small fee? If anyone is up to it, name your price and I'll let you know.

·
Rear Seat Delete Builder
4,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dude its WAY to easy to make. Go to home depot and ask for a 8' 2x4 . then use a saw to cut a round edge on one end . then your done. tuck it under carpet.

·
Registered
980 Posts
msfyter said:
Dude its WAY to easy to make. Go to home depot and ask for a 8' 2x4 . then use a saw to cut a round edge on one end . then your done. tuck it under carpet.
How are you going to fit an 8 foot 2x4 in the cab?

Also, isnt the dead pedal also for protecting the carpet too?

·
Rear Seat Delete Builder
4,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dmonty said:
How are you going to fit an 8 foot 2x4 in the cab?

Also, isnt the dead pedal also for protecting the carpet too?
oooops 8 INCH

·
Registered
22 Posts
custom is cool and all, but the 2005 has one. I'm sure you could order one and install on your 2005, kinda like the auto x grills.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts