LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My body shop does the dealer warranty work and collision referals for the dealership witch i ordered my G.T.O. Plus i get all my wholesale G.M. parts there. The owner of the dealership who ordered the car for me said i would be getting the best deal over any one (5% over invoice) am i getting a deal or not? any body? thanks RED1 :)

·
3,327 Posts
5% Over invoice? I am not sure what the invoice amount is, but I would imagine it is less than MSRP, and not many of us are paying less than MSRP from what I have heard.

·
Monaro - Australian for GTO
80 Posts
Anything less than MSRP is a homerun in my book. Invoice for M6 is $30,729 according to Edmunds, so a 5% markup on that is $32,265 vs an MSRP of $33,190.
You can still try to squeeze him by offering a specific dollar amount over invoice, like a grand. But that may just tick him off, and from what I understand you don't want to lose one of these cars over $500 bucks.

·
Official Dragon Straightner
6,438 Posts
How long do you guys think it will be before we start seeing rebates on these cars?
I have a feeling there will be rebates before the '05s come out.
We might even have people buying them in the high 20s.

·
175 Posts
My dealer offered to discount the car $700...he also said hed sell it for GMS if i qualified. 5% over invoice sounds like a hell of a deal....dont pass that up

·
Still plays with cars...
521 Posts
I think that's a good deal. I'm also getting mine at 5% over invoice - $32,190 for 6M. Sure, the dealer still retains his full holdback ($800) since the car's being delivered as soon as it arrives, but who cares, really? You won't find many dealers even willing to talk about the holdback, anyway - it's money that's given to them by the manufacturer. 5% over invoice is what Consumer Reports considers a reasonable price for just about any new car, other than the exotics and certain high-demand, high-markup cars.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts