LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer doesnt believe that the GTOs sell for GMS. He says its not on the sticker, like it usually is, and he will only discount it $700.

·
3,327 Posts
I am not sure what GMS is?

·
Registered
2 Posts
pontiac04GTO said:
My dealer doesnt believe that the GTOs sell for GMS. He says its not on the sticker, like it usually is, and he will only discount it $700.
Dude, save yourself the hassle, not all dealers are honoring it, but here is a post i made over on ls1tech , i just joined this board

Yes, it's not a typo, there is a dealership here in Michigan that is due to take delivery of a total of 80 new GTO's, that is also because they are the largest Pontiac dealership in the USA, hell, as we speak, Michigan is covered in snow, and they have 3 sitting outside on there display pad out front, so people will see them, they have so many. And to boot, they are so anxious to get rid of them that they are willing to honor GMS pricing on some occasions i heard. I know a guy that knows a saleman there, and he said if i knew anyone interested in getting GMS to contact him, and he will hook you up with the salesman that will take care of you, hell, why pay 9,999 over msrp, when you can get GMS.....haha. so i figured i would just pass along the info, since i unfortunately just bought a new S10 ZR2, and have to pass on the GTO's If you are interested just call Bill Schultz @ Cruisin Collectables....586-285-2277, and tell him that Jason from Ramchargers gave you his number. and if anyone here is a member of LS1GTO.com feel free to cut and paste this post there, as i am not a member over there, but hate to see anyone get raped by greedy dealerships!

Glad i can help, cancel your order, and drive up here to detroit and get yourself one!

·
black/black/m6 in SF bay area
30 Posts
pontiac04GTO said:
again, what is GMS ? GM sticker price ? i am also trying to figure out the current market price for these cars are it is seems that they are not seelling as well as the dealers expected.

thanks

·
Registered
459 Posts
Do a search for gms here. I know someone has a screenshot of the gm buy power website showing the gms page. It is honored for the GTO. It is for family members etc. of gm employees. I think??

·
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
zya_ltr said:
Glad i can help, cancel your order, and drive up here to
detroit and get yourself one!

I'm not just gonna cancel an order that i've been waiting 7 months for. He did discount the car $700, but i need it down $1700 more. He said if i could show him proof that GM offers the GMS discount on this car he would give it to me. I thought if someone else paid GMS for the car then if they were willing they could send me some proof or something so i could show my dealer. Thanks for your help tho...it's much appreciated.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I got mine at GMS...(GM employee discount) What do you need?

·
Registered
835 Posts
I got mine for GMS and yes I posted a copy of the gmfamilyfirst web site which shows the price. I got mine for $29,895, if you search GMS you should find it here and print it.

·
Registered
205 Posts
My dealer wouldnt do GMS. They said it was up to Pontiac, not the dealer. I paid 3k over MSRP, so I would of obviously liked to pay below invoice.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Frostberg said:
My dealer wouldnt do GMS. They said it was up to Pontiac, not the dealer. I paid 3k over MSRP, so I would of obviously liked to pay below invoice.
He was lying to you. It is up to the dealership whether or not they honor it...

·
Registered
56 Posts
I was in Detroit this weekend, several dealers are advertising GMS prices on GTO's in full page ads. Both dealers I drove through had two in stock!!

·
Registered
104 Posts
If you go to gm buypower website there is alot of gto inventory at various dealers, particularly in Michigan. The GTO is truly an excellent car, but I think GM has created a discount mentality with all of their cars. You look at all other pontiac lines and its a $3000 rebate or some special deal. Even with the GTO being worth its price, I think the consumer expects to pay less than full retail so the price level will have to come down.

Yellow Jacket M6 on order tpw 12/17

·
PC load letter?
236 Posts
GMS pricing sounds great........ what conditions have to be met in order to get that pricing? Does someone in your family have to work for GM or is that another discount?

Anyone?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Edge...As long as someone in your family works or has worked for GM, you qualify for GMS pricing. (employee discount)

You just need to find a dealer who will honor it and sell it to you for that. It is a discount of about $4000 on the M6 GTO.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts