LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Moving Forward
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On this board i have noticed many dealers who actually run respectable and professional dealerships. So in the end i would like to buy from a dealer who i know supports our forum and has a clue to what the buyers of the GTO want. My questions are:
1) If i have a trade in and I’m in NY how would i benefit from buying a GTO in let's say Chicago? Would a dealer outside of my area want to deal with me due to the trade in?
2) Would my warranty cover me with my local dealers if say a problem occurred?
3) Let's say I bought the GTO from Chicago and the car was a lemon. Would New York State Lemon Laws cover it?
4) If i bought the GTO in Chicago and pay Illinois sales taxes, will i still have to pay Full value New York state sales taxes at the DMV? In my case if the GTO was 31K i would need to pay $2,712 extra in tax, besides $200 plus for Title, registration and inspection.
5) How will financing be effected?

Overall I would like to buy from a good and well informed dealer yet I’m afraid of the unknowns due to out of state buying.

·
Sewell Pontiac
300 Posts
Thanks Razinhell for the inquiry my name is Jason Feuerberg I work for Sewell Pontiac in Dallas, TX. Let's see if I can answer your questions. 1) It would benefit you by the tax savings you will recieve on the new vehicle. I can appraise your car site un seen although it will be an educated guess as to the vehicle being exactly what you described and me putting a number on the trade. 2) Yes your warranty would cover you throughout all GM dealers in the U.S. 3) Yes New York state Lemon Laws would cover the vehicle even if it was bought in another state. 4) What I do is I get all the taxes from your state, I need exactly where you live and what county and then I call and get the exact amount so you will only pay taxes once and not twice. 5) I need more info as to what you are inquiring about on the financing. If you have any more questions let me know I want to earn your business.

Thanks,

Jason Feuerberg
Sewell Pontiac
214-956-3776
[email protected]

·
www.thirdgentech.com
739 Posts
The above answers are correct. You would pay the taxes in the state you register the car, not buy it. You would get an Illinois drive-away sticker to get the car home and then register it and pay the taxes for New York. You then have the choice of either shipping the car home by truck or drive it home and enjoy it.

BTW, my store is with in 5 miles of O'Hare Airport and our shuttle can pick you up for free if you decide to purchase from us. I want to earn your business!

Thanks! :)

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
hey razinhell,
im picking up my GTO up TOMORROW from formul8 at ohare pontiac. he is professional, helpful, and straightfoward. and they dealing on the GTOs. the drive home would make a nice road trip. check him out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts