LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Barbados M6
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the Goat in today. Had the Thunk in the Trunk fixed. Made the Service Manager aware of the clutch torque problem - he had not heard of it. He called up the bulletin and checked the torque and adjusted as required. Everything checked out fine on the way home.
Still dealing with the sales manger on the Security Card but I think I have his attention.

·
Registered
297 Posts
goat man said:
Still dealing with the sales manger on the Security Card but I think I have his attention.
What's your story with the security card? mine was missing and I'm getting no where with the dealer. They actually told me they have no way of getting the code for the radio until the security feature is engaged. So I'm just supposed to take it to them when my battery needs replaced or is disconnected for any reason so they can retrieve the code...

On the other hand, they did me up right with the clay bar and detailing.

·
Barbados M6
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The sales guy has beat his head against the wall trying to get me one. He referred me to the sales manager. He tried to tell me there was no such card. Whe I got the car serviced, I politely showed him the card info on page 14 of the 'Getting to know your GTO' booklet. I told him he has until Friday to do something or I escalate to the complaint number in the owners manual.
He tells me the codes are on the back of the radio and if there was a problem, he could just pull the radio to get the codes. Sounds like BS to me. Why disassemble the car - just get me a card.

·
Seriously?
1,586 Posts
There is a phone # that you can call to get the code for ealier model Theftlock systems. If anyone thinks that this might be of some help, I would be happy to post a link to the # and directions to do this. Might be worthwhile instead of wasting your energy fighting with a salesman that doesn't know what he is doing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts