LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
BattleHerks Forever
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was trying to get in on the Corsa GP, right. Anyway my billing and shipping addresses are different, but both are listed on my credit cards. I've had parts shipped from other sponsors on this board (Thanks Gravana, LS1Speed, and BMR) with no problem, but the folks at TBYRNE just wouldn't work with me. On top of which with each phone call to them the woman or women that answered the phone became ruder and ruder. In the end, I became so fustrated with them I had to cancel my order. I will never deal with TBYRNE again for any reason

·
TBYRNE Performance
4,529 Posts
I heard part of one of your conversations this morning and wouldn't say that the woman that you spoke with was the one that was becoming ruder and ruder. 99.999% of customers have absolutely no problem with our credit card policy. They are actually VERY happy that we will go the extra mile to insure that their card isn't being used for fraudulate activity. Our policy is -

*For your protection, orders can only be shipped to your billing address unless you have an alternate address listed with the credit card company. Please provide the customer service number for your card so we can verify the alternate shipping location. PayPal orders can only be shipping to an address that is confirmed by PayPal.

Carol called your credit card company for you and they said that you don't have the shipping address on file with them. The woman at the bank even looked back through a few years of notes for your account. You'd probably be more upset if someone ordered parts and had them shipped to Alaska. You would then be calling us to find out why we shipped to an address that you didn't confirm with your credit card company. All of this is done for your protection and ours. You might say that you know that your card isn't being fraudulate activity. But the thing is... we don't know that. Years ago we had a fraud order goto a lawyers office. You'd expect the people there to be honest. Another order was being sent to a vacant lot. We found out what was going on when the actual card holder (he is a regular customer) called to see what the charge was for. We contacted the police in that area and was able to get someone a vacation in jail. Se, you never know...

We'll work with the customer but in the end the products have to goto an address that is listed with the credit card company. Orders that are to be shipped to an unauthorized location will be rejected.

Tom

·
BattleHerks Forever
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't ask for my parts to be shipped to Alaska, and thats the attitude I'm talking about. All I asked was to have an exhaust system delivered to a phyical address in the same town my PO Box is in because UPS will not ship to a PO Box. Look, do you really think I am attemping fraud. I would have to be the worst goddam criminal on earth to continue to attempt to get a product with someone else's card after 3 calls to the merchant I was trying to steal from and then to post about it on the internet.

Also your company is the only one I have ever had this problem with. Gravana shipped me a predator just last week using the same card with no problems, I didn't rip him off. Your policy is the problem not the customer.

At this point I'd be more than happy to give some other company a few more bucks for this system than to deal with you ever again.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
i thought that these kind of threads where supposed to be placed in a "private" section of the forum?? DY????

bluegoat, they are just trying to protect themselves and you. dont take it personally. they are just following policy

·
BattleHerks Forever
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GTOdriver7 said:
i thought that these kind of threads where supposed to be placed in a "private" section of the forum?? DY????

bluegoat, they are just trying to protect themselves and you. dont take it personally. they are just following policy
It was but he moved it back. I think its good for the rest of the members to see, after all this is buyer feedback, right?

I'm not taking it personally, but I believe TByrne is being a little too cautious in his dealing with internet customers.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
DevilYellow said:
It was moved to a private section right away where Tybrne was given time to respond and optioned for the response to be public. The policies are there for a reason, it is unfortunate.
oh ok, in that case. i stick with my original post. Tbyrne is just trying to cover their butt and yours. im sure its just a simple misunderstanding thats getting BLOWN way out of proportion.

·
Dad's Yellow Goat
632 Posts
good experience

Everyday there are satisfied customers and unhappy ones also. The reasons are never as simple as just "the woman", "the dealer", "the credit cared company" you get the point. I as a fellow member and GTO owner who makes purchases like yourself am truely sorry for your difiiculties regardless of what the reason. No one needs or deserves aggravation, let it go move on. For your reference I have made purchases from TBURNE and like yourself I have my alternative shipping address attached to my credit card. Fortunately for me I have had no difficulties.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I ordered from Tbyrne with an alternate address and had no problems. Since this is a common practice with internet stores, I always make sure to see whether or not there is an alternate address required for my credit card and add it before I place the order.

·
2,432 Posts
As someone who owns a company that has a merchant account I can tell you first hand fraudulent charges are very expensive for the merchant. Most people assume the merchant is only out the product they shipped for nothing, but in reality they are not only out the product they shipped, but additional real money. Chargebacks are expensive.

One website I worked on had a ton of fraud and you wouldn't believe the shipping rules the company had to put in place to cut down on fraud.

And calling 3 times doesn't make you a legitimate customer. We found the most persistent customers are almost always fraud. A lot of times the thieves will try to order next day shipping and call frequently trying to get the order through as quickly as possible.

If Tbyrne only upsets one customer on this site because of a shipping policy they are doing pretty good.

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
Personally I think you should be upset with your Credit Card company's inability to confirm your second shipping address... this to me sounds like the real issue, as TBYRNE's policy is very standard business practice.

·
BattleHerks Forever
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
..and in the beining of this little adventure I was certain that it was the CC company that was being difficult, so I decided to use a different card (debit, not credit) and had the same problem, thats when I knew it was TByrne givining me the hard time. I now know for a fact that the secondary address is on the debit card.

This is the last response I will post on this subject, 'cause I just don't care anymore

·
Moving Forward
2,163 Posts
BluGoatDvr said:
..and in the beining of this little adventure I was certain that it was the CC company that was being difficult, so I decided to use a different card (debit, not credit) and had the same problem, thats when I knew it was TByrne givining me the hard time. I now know for a fact that the secondary address is on the debit card.

This is the last response I will post on this subject, 'cause I just don't care anymore
I don't think this really has anything to do with TByrne being a bad dealer. They just don't except the arrangment that you have set up. They have their policy and are standing by it. From the sounds of your posts (i know they don't always reflect what a person is trying to put forth) you were getting upset because of Tbyrne's policies and felt that they were getting harsh with you. This sounds more like a case of the Credit Card company has one thing, BlueGoatDrv believes its set up another way and Tbyrne is being told something else. If you didn't get frustraited i bet in the end everything would have been settled and Tbyrne would be sending you parts now.

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
I've done lots of business with Tom Byrne through the years too. I have a similar situation where my billing addy is a P.O. Box, but my shipping addy is home, work or whereever else.

A simple conversation with Carol was all that was needed to get it to work, so while I wasn't there in this particular situation, I find it hard to believe that you were a perfect angel yourself.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
CMNTMXR57 said:
I find it hard to believe that you were a perfect angel yourself.
my instincts tell me the same.

no offense bluegoatdriver, but from your posts, you seem like someone who might be hard to deal with.

·
Go Tigers!
2,455 Posts
GTOdriver7 said:
my instincts tell me the same.

no offense bluegoatdriver, but from your posts, you seem like someone who might be hard to deal with.
Umm, yes, that is the impression he is giving whether he know's it or not.
Reasonable people can work things out.

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
Just thought I'd give a pat on the back to TByrne. They sponsored a "random drawing" on this board and I won a $100.00 gift certificate. I used my winnings to buy MAF ends. Thanks TByrne. The MAF ends look great and added 100 RWHP! (Just kidding.)

I understand that you had a frustrating buying experience, BluGoatDvr, but from TByrne's response, I believe they really are willing to work with you. I hope that you and our fine sponsor can bury the hatchet and be friends again. Good luck.

·
2002 Phantom HSV GTO
39 Posts
I have brought a fair bit of product from the US and the above policy is pretty consistant with other shops I have had dealings with.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I would also like to give TByrne a "pat on the back" as they are the only vendor on this board that will ship to my APO address.
Thank you TByrne!!! It means a lot to me and to the fellow military members over here when companies back home are will to do a little extra work to get stuff to us. I will definetely be doing business with you again

Leggo

1 - 20 of 23 Posts