LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in Dothan last night MMOB, primarily for the Olive Garden, and got pounced on by a Z06 that was not MMOB. He came up fast and slowed to pace me when he realized what I was. I downshifted and ended up in 2nd at about 45 (was preparing to do a 3-honk) when he hit it. Since he got the drop on me, he jumped out a small bit. We let out around 100 and he was pulling me the whole way, but not as hard as I expected him to. I am not a good judge of these things, but I imagine he had no more than 1.5 cars on me. Pulled into a gas station and chatted briefly. Cool guy, found out it was an '02, and he claims he was all-in.

Performance-wise, all I have is a GMM and a K&N dropin (which amounts to nothing at all). Z06 looked and sounded stock. I was just under 1/4 of a tank though, and maybe he was full. Both of us had a passenger. I know he would have definitely walked me harder much past 100, but I thought he would walk me very convincingly from 45 too. I was shopping '03-04 Z06's before deciding on the GTO. I have driven my fair share of them, and I know they are faster. Did I run into a guy with a ragged out one?

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Well 2nd gear at 45mph is no slouch in the GTO! I think it sounds rigth. maybe he was in 3rd when he pulled up to you. Nice death!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts