LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran across what looked like a brand new Porsche GT3 today. I could see him coming up behind me, passing everyone like he's Speed Racer. Decided to give him a run at the next light. I launched off idle and he immediately had 3 lengths on me. He never stretched that out though and I let off in the middle of 3rd.

Did some reading on them and they make something like 380 hp. First gear is an insane 3.82 ratio so it's no wonder he ripped me out of the hole. :eek2:

Anyway, I lost but not that bad I guess for having a stock GTO that cost about a 1/4 of his. :D

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Nice. Good to see you hold your own.
:drink::drink:

·
IXLR8
476 Posts
Jake99SS said:
I ran across what looked like a brand new Porsche GT3 today. I could see him coming up behind me, passing everyone like he's Speed Racer. Decided to give him a run at the next light. I launched off idle and he immediately had 3 lengths on me. He never stretched that out though and I let off in the middle of 3rd.

Did some reading on them and they make something like 380 hp. First gear is an insane 3.82 ratio so it's no wonder he ripped me out of the hole. :eek2:

Anyway, I lost but not that bad I guess for having a stock GTO that cost about a 1/4 of his. :D

Nice to see someone posting a loss...J/K
Thats quite a launch to put three lengths on you...

·
NFC Champs
883 Posts
Umm... "death to" ???

Sounds to me like you lost mang :) ;)

Either way, definitely tough to keep up with one of those suckers - they're lighter, faster, and have more gear!

Edit: NM, I re-read the title and took it wrong. That's what a two-hour public policy test will do to ya :(

·
596whp/553wtq @ 6.5psi
2,301 Posts
Nice death man! My motto is to try because ya never know how ****ty a driver that person may be. :)

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The car is still as stock as it rolled off the showroom floor. Yep, that's the GT3. I wasn't sure what was going to happen. I heard they were slower than the GT2 but still quick. Guess I found out. :)

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Liquorice said:
HMMMMM..... Looks pretty scary to try even for me.

GT3 SPECS
Heck no! If I had your mods and nice sticky fat rear tires I would be all over that GT3. Most of the time the people that own high line cars like the GT3 do not know how to drive it to its full potential (in my racing school experience). Of course I would have launched off the line like a mad man and kept the throttle to the floorboard!!! :punch:

Doc

·
grinning ever since...
452 Posts
Hey, the way I look at it, it would be fun to go 1:1 with Michael Jordan, even if you can predict the outcome! lol

I bet the run was a blast anyway.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I was lucky enough to see 2 GT3's and a GT2 at the SCCA Solo 2 Nationals in Topeka KS a couple of weeks ago. Man... what awesome cars...

·
Registered
536 Posts
Yeah but you could buy about 4 GTO's (with current rebates) for his one GT3. So there! :D

·
Wife hated it
314 Posts
Doc GTO said:
Heck no! If I had your mods and nice sticky fat rear tires I would be all over that GT3. Most of the time the people that own high line cars like the GT3 do not know how to drive it to its full potential (in my racing school experience). Of course I would have launched off the line like a mad man and kept the throttle to the floorboard!!! :punch:

Doc
You are dreaming :punch:

·
2004 Torrid Red GTO
1,119 Posts
living near newport beach, california, I see GT3s on a weekly basis. mostly yellow with bad ass deep dish rims too. They are truly awesome cars. I wouldn't be foolish enough to take one on though, even in my GTO. ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts