LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the Predator have the ability to turn off the Decel fuel shut off, and can you have it remove the rear 02 codes from setting the engine light?

Just want something for temporary until i can afford the hp tuners/wideband setup.

·
smurfin' fly-by...
1,482 Posts
If you are talking about COT ON/OFF (catalytic converter overtemp protection), yes, rear o2 sensor - no, I don't believe so.

·
Ka-Boom!
1,987 Posts
+1 on DFCO ? on 04 you can turn off O2 codes but not on 05-06 I believe

·
Administrator
20,425 Posts
DFCO <> COT
But I dont know if predators can do it or not.
HPTuners can for sure.

·
smurfin' fly-by...
1,482 Posts
Is <> = != ?

·
Premium Member
7,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Since i failed algebra, and didn't take computer programming,
what the hell is <> = != ?
lol

Is COT and DFCO the same thing?

This is an 05, all i want to do is get the light to stay off, and make it stop popping for now, I'm going to get HP Tuners, but not yet. This is temporary

·
Registered
788 Posts
No, dfco is not the same as cot, but I can't help you with your question.

Why do you want to turn off DFCO?

·
Ka-Boom!
1,987 Posts
Wretched 6.0 said:
I want to get rid of the popping due to the catless mid pipes.
exactly. Its still there with high flow cats. Sounds like firecrackers sometimes. Im going to the tuner this afternoon to get it taken care of.

·
smurfin' fly-by...
1,482 Posts
Wretched 6.0 said:
Since i failed algebra, and didn't take computer programming,
what the hell is <> = != ?
lol

Is COT and DFCO the same thing?

This is an 05, all i want to do is get the light to stay off, and make it stop popping for now, I'm going to get HP Tuners, but not yet. This is temporary
LOL, well Steel Chicken posted DFCO <> COT, so I'm was guessing this meant it was not equal to (!=), hence the "<>" = "!=" ?

I'm planning on getting a tune after LT + connection at a local racing shop - and they are autorized DiabloSport CMR tuner :) - should be able to remove it without a problem. Don't think it is really an option straight from our programmers...

·
DAAAT'S RIGHT
1,650 Posts
The Predator cannot perfrom the decel fuel cut-off. HP Tuners, EFI Live, and LS1 Edit can.

·
Administrator
20,425 Posts
Sorry, not used to dealing with people that flunked basic algebra.
Yes, DFCO is not the same as COT. DFCO takes like 10 seconds to turn off in one of the tunging packages, I hope they dont overcharge you.

I for one like the popping and farting and backfiring. With some tweaking you can minimize it.

I also like having DFCO because it allows for more engine braking.

·
Custom User Title
1,828 Posts
Why don't you guys like the popping?
Ever heard a Lambo or Ferrari on a spirited drive? Lots of popping - and aural bliss.....

I guess it is not that loud on the stock cat back, but I often decelerate just to hear it

popping <> annoying :)

·
Got Jesus?
84 Posts
Yeah, me too. I live for the popping and carrying on. I didn't just put the JBA catback on the car for power. I want to hear what I've got and the popping, gurgling, etc. is just music to my ears. If I wanted it to sound stock I would have left the stock 50 pound gorilla muffs and the resonator on the car.
Sorry, to off on a tangent.

·
Ka-Boom!
1,987 Posts
Decel Fuel Shutoff/Code Delete

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, me too. I live for the popping and carrying on. I didn't just put the JBA catback on the car for power. I want to hear what I've got and the popping, gurgling, etc. is just music to my ears. If I wanted it to sound stock I would have left the stock 50 pound gorilla muffs and the resonator on the car.
Sorry, to off on a tangent.
GeeTeeOh! said:
Why don't you guys like the popping?
Ever heard a Lambo or Ferrari on a spirited drive? Lots of popping - and aural bliss.....

I guess it is not that loud on the stock cat back, but I often decelerate just to hear it

popping <> annoying :)
The long tube headers make it sound like firecrackers. when I had just the cat-back, I liked it because it was more of a burble. Now, I have the burble only much much louder and the snap crackle and pop is gone.

·
Do it Yourselfer
1,202 Posts
I turn off DFCO because if you are crusing at 3k rpm in 3rd gear (foot off the throttle) and stab it, the car will hesitate. This is with DFCO on of course....once I turn it off, I can leave nice little black marks with every stab of the throttle in 3rd @ 3k :)

·
Registered
309 Posts
I've got the settings on my DFCO fiddled with a bit to allow it to enable a bit more often, didn't notice any difference in the amount of popping I get. Try tightening things up, on other vehicles a decent amount of that popping was caused by small leaks further up the line

·
Member: Black Sheep Squadron
4,065 Posts
Mine is completely off... much better then on. Flowmaster super 40's popping with LT's and no cats, lets just say you dont wanna be passing a cop with these bad boys popping.

·
"Power Abuser"
1,080 Posts
Flash99 said:
Mine is completely off... much better then on. Flowmaster super 40's popping with LT's and no cats, lets just say you dont wanna be passing a cop with these bad boys popping.

Any cop that doesn't like the sound of modified exhaust needs to lay down his badge and go hug a tree. (Possible exception of those annoying ricer sounding exhausts) I have never pulled anyone over for exhaust unless it was because they didn't have any. Nothing sounds worse that a stock junker with the muffler missing.

I figure if all these guys with Harleys can run straight pipe so can cars. What's the difference?

I know some departments are more anal about loud exhaust, but I for one won't do a damn thing about it.

·
I'm gonna get you!
2,812 Posts
Flash99 said:
flows are nothing compared to corsa sport. I didn't mess with mine the popping is fine andyou can hurt mpg i you go to far turning it off.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts