LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my December Motor Trend in the mail today. The yellow GTO is on the cover. The reviewer loved it. The cover says:

2004 Pontiac GTO
0 to '60s in 5.3

The reviewer loved the GTO from its power, to fit and finish, quality of interior, European ride, etc... Excellent review. He says fit and finish is the finest he has seen on a GM vehicle in decades. As reported already, 0-60 in 5.3 sec with a 13.62 sec 1/4 mile. Looks like a good start for Car of the Year.

·
LS1GTO Traitor
442 Posts
Sweet!!! I'll be mugging the mailman tomorrow since I haven't received my copy yet.

Gotta give DevilYellow credit for getting the early performance times. Nice scoop.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Hell Yea!! But it still won't shut the mouths of the F-Body crowd who are crying over the death of their beloved, epitome of quality F-Body.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Rats. I ran out to the nearest mag stores and they don't have the Dec issues yet.............
:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

·
LS1GTO Traitor
442 Posts
CMNTMXR57 said:
Hell Yea!! But it still won't shut the mouths of the F-Body crowd who are crying over the death of their beloved, epitome of quality F-Body.
For a "Moderator", you're a bit of an instigator.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Yes, I am, but I can talk as I have one in my driveway, well, garage. It's a great car for what it is, but if it were my everyday driver it'd have been gone a long time ago.

Being in the community all I hear from them is pissing and moaning about the death of the F-Body and how the new GTO is a joke, it isn't worthy of the name and isn't a worthy predecessor to the F-Body.

·
Registered
293 Posts
let the F-body fans moan and groan and berate the GTO. Until they GTO's hits the streets, they are what I call in my business, "paperware". Looks like all that will change soon enough. I want my GTO

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
I can't wait either to show a few of them what's up.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
M6 I thought.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
I should be getting it soon if it's now out.

·
LS1GTO Traitor
442 Posts
DevilYellow said:
someone want to scan it for me?

if noone does by next week i'll just pick it up and scan it.
I'll scan it for you DevilYellow. I haven't received my copy yet, but hopefully it will be in the mail today.

·
LS1GTO Traitor
442 Posts
davbo said:
I'll scan it for you DevilYellow. I haven't received my copy yet, but hopefully it will be in the mail today.
DAMN! No Motor Trend in my mailbox when I got home. So, you'll have to wait at least one more day for my scan.

·
Registered
429 Posts
couldnt find the magz anywhere ill try tomorrow / / also to the moans and groans of my f body friends as soon as my GTO gets here good by z 28 iam trading it in time to move to the future and the future = GTO

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
davbo said:
DAMN! No Motor Trend in my mailbox when I got home. So, you'll have to wait at least one more day for my scan.
Me neither. :(

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
About this Discussion
41 Replies
21 Participants
jmart5736
LS1GTO.com Forums
LS1GTO.com is a forum community dedicated to the LS1 Pontiac GTO. Come discuss mods, horsepower, engine specs and more!
Full Forum Listing