LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so I'm looking to purchase coilovers for my 06. What are the best brands that won't break the bank but also don't want to cheap out.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Guess it depends on the level. I consider bc to be cheap. When the kit costs around 800-1000 like offered from other venders and parts break that you wouldnt expect. But then again it works and people like it. Think its the best options compared to anything that cost more than that.

·
Kollar Racing Products
5,428 Posts
Pedders XA are an excellent entry level coilovers. They are based on earlier BC Coilovers. They include strut snd shock mounts. They come with 7/8 springs. Pedders has a 2 year warranty. BC BR series are better quality then Pedders. They DO NOT include strut mounts or shock bushings. They Ship with 7/9 springs. BC has one year warranty. BC offers alternative spring rates and Swift Spring options. PM me
for best Price

·
Pontiac Fanboy
1,147 Posts
Go BC BR and spend $1000 or save up for KW $$$$.

Reactions: LS2-GTO

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm trying to figure this out too. I found some Megan Racing coilovers for $650, which is more around what I'd like to spend, but I don't know if they're any good because they have no reviews. Does anyone know if these are any good? I want to do other suspension upgrades too like bushings, diff insert and possibly sway bars, so this would allow me to financially.

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
I keep throwing around the idea of getting the GeForce rear coilovers since they're actual coilovers, but something bothers me about not having matching components up front.

·
Pontiac Fanboy
1,147 Posts
I'm trying to figure this out too. I found some Megan Racing coilovers for $650, which is more around what I'd like to spend, but I don't know if they're any good because they have no reviews. Does anyone know if these are any good? I want to do other suspension upgrades too like bushings, diff insert and possibly sway bars, so this would allow me to financially.
If Pedders are cheaper BC and BC is cheap Chinese coilovers, then Megan Racing is cheaper cheap stuff. Save up and spend money once or buy cheap stuff and don't be surprised when cheap shit is cheap shit.

I keep throwing around the idea of getting the GeForce rear coilovers since they're actual coilovers, but something bothers me about not having matching components up front.
Drag racing or turns? Everything GeForce seems to be built for straight line.
I've never seen anything that says the rear shock mount used for the GeForce coilover is stout enough for the load of the vehicle in the turns (threads on broken mounting tabs).

Reactions: evsnova74

·
Registered
20 Posts
If Pedders are cheaper BC and BC is cheap Chinese coilovers, then Megan Racing is cheaper cheap stuff. Save up and spend money once or buy cheap stuff and don't be surprised when cheap shit is cheap shit.

I've never seen anything that says the rear shock mount used for the GeForce coilover is stout enough for the load of the vehicle in the turns (threads on broken mounting tabs).
Someone has to be the test dummy haha. I'll keep weighing options. I might not even get coilovers. I'm thinking about upgrading the rear struts and springs and putting in drag bags. I've heard even with good coilovers, you still get wheel hop. I'll have to keep researching, but thanks for your response.

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Oof, makes sense. That's all I needed to hear

·
Registered
330 Posts
I have mav man coilovers (whether they be a ripoff or not) they work well and fit my budget right then. Way better than blown stock struts and springs. Pricing out lovells and konis cost more but i know that would have been a good setup as well if you just wanted a set height.

·
Pontiac Fanboy
1,147 Posts
Mav Man coilovers are most definitely Megan Racing without being advertised as such.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Well the mavman have bc part numbers on them. But im sure thats prolly shared between them all coming from one of two places anyway.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Mavman coils are $800 so that's what I got. Single adjustable compression/rebound but can adjust ride height and spring preload which is everything I needed them to do. They look and ride nice for a cheaper set. Some people think more expensive is more better but it depends what you need them to do. Personally, I'd recommend them.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Call Andy at kollar Racing he will get you set up what ever way you want to he sells bc , pedders and KW. He also sales Lovell struts and shocks that’s what I did. I also did all new Polly bushings and new sway bars. Drives like a completely different car. Now I am just finishing up a Darton sleeved 427 in my 06 Gto.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you wait, I can tell you how well what I have decided on works?

Trying the new BC racing DS series. Has 30 adjustments for rebound and compression with Digressive technology and they have spring rate options. (1300.00)

Since it is a daily driver on poor roads going with 5kg/7kg springs and the adjustable extenders.

I am not going to track it or race it just for the adjust ability and ride quality.

·
14s lol
760 Posts
Very happy with my kwv3's

1 - 20 of 22 Posts