LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me why SLP is selling the Delphi MAF with the GM part # ground off, and a resistor installed? Anybody know what the fundamental difference is between the two? (Aside from GM charging $50 more for the part.)

Thanks.

·
Master of Youngrushhour
4,318 Posts
Supposedly the SLP unit also does something to increase the timing on the GTO's - that is why the require the unit to be use with a stock tune. As we have seen from prior discussions - the stock timing table looks agressive already - so maybe not a good idea to push it up anymore.

·
I hack cars.
8,111 Posts
If you've got one with a resistor bridging the hot wire tie down points its probably one they scaled down to be closer to match the LS1 MAF tables. The Delphi LS6/LQ4 MAF has quite a different range.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Actually it's the other way around rush, our timing is all over the place and severly retarded due to the IAT issues. You actually have to scale back the IAT's affect in the PCM.

·
Registered
662 Posts
All I can say is RUNNNNN from the SLP MAF, and the goofy AIT Sensors. Folks if there is anything I can do to, its RUNNNNN from these little one off "HP" mods. You will nickle and dime yourself to death and spend more time with SES, and trying to stop your car from knocking and pinging to death. I wasted WAY to much money on these, along several other f-body and vette owners. If your going to mod, save up and get the good, tested and tunable mods. They cost a lot up front, but compared to the time wasted and possible damage you will save in the end.
THIS IS WHY I GOT THE MAGNACHARGER ON THE GTO, I spent pretty much equal amounts on my SS for less HP, and more headaches.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
FYI, the IAT (not AIT) sensor is a separate sensor on our car. :)

·
Born Again Goat
1,555 Posts
Just wonder if any other parts/futzing is required to install the Z06 MAF?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts