LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have not yet researched what's in a Dodge Stealth R/T, but for a car that looks fast, it sure isn't. My GTO absolutely DEVOURED this guy on the Interstate. I was in 4th gear the whole time and was literally toying with him... going ahead and backing off... going ahead and backing off... letting him think he was pulling ahead, then mashing the throttle and jumping out in front.

I was cruel. :D

I'm heading for the Dodge website right now to find out if this is a good kill or not. But either way, it was ENORMOUS fun (for me) and utterly frustrating (for him.) :D

RESEARCH: OK, it must not have been the twin turbo version, because that car would have hung right with me. So, I guess I can't be too proud of beating up on a 3.0L V6. Still... THAT WAS FUN! :d

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
If it's not twin turbo it's slow. You aren't gonna see many on the street but keep in mind twin turbo, light, and some aftermarket stuff and this could be a runner easy.

I thought there was a R/T non turbo. I'm not sure how to ID the turbo car but look for quad exhaust, 245 tire, spoiler, and listen for aftermarket blow off valve.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I stumbled upon a 3000GT VR-4 in my bone stock 95 Z28 a few weekends ago. We were basically dead even to the top of my 4th, which is somewhere in the neighborhood of 120. I had to shut down due to traffic and cheesy brake pads. You guys could take a stock TT DSM no problem.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I raced a stock Stealth and beat him by a car length in my 1992 Taurus SHO, so they run a little worse than a 15.1. Look around, there is a video with a guy and his stealth eating up a bunch of cars, including a 2002 911 Twin Turbo, or i guess 996.

·
Go Tigers!
2,455 Posts
I had a 91 Stealth ES. It has 212hp. The R/T has 300 hp. It's the exact same
car has the Mitsubishi GT 3000. They also made a plain Stealth that had
160hp.

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
I think its time to start a poll/pool to see how long it takes for Florit to loose his license. LOL LOL

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Holeshot said:
I think its time to start a poll/pool to see how long it takes for Florit to loose his license. LOL LOL
no, the pool should be on WHO will lost their license first
FLORIT or Big Blue Daddy?

·
3,327 Posts
GTOdriver7 said:
This could get interesting. LOL

·
Moving Forward
2,163 Posts
Yellow Jacket M6 said:
I had a 91 Stealth ES. It has 212hp. The R/T has 300 hp. It's the exact same
car has the Mitsubishi GT 3000. They also made a plain Stealth that had
160hp.
Actually There are 2 R/T's made. The regular R/T had 222HP 205 Torq and the R/T AWD with 320 HP 315 Torque. The car was produced from 1991-1996.

R/T Turbo AWD

R/T

Someone near my work is trying to sell the regular R/T for the R/T Turbo's price. car has a ton of miles and is a 94 and they want 10K for it. I guess thats why its been there for a long time.

·
duh
1,214 Posts
GTOdriver7 said:
:gr_jest:

·
Go Tigers!
2,455 Posts
Razinhell said:
Actually There are 2 R/T's made. The regular R/T had 222HP 205 Torq and the R/T AWD with 320 HP 315 Torque. The car was produced from 1991-1996.

R/T Turbo AWD

R/T

Someone near my work is trying to sell the regular R/T for the R/T Turbo's price. car has a ton of miles and is a 94 and they want 10K for it. I guess thats why its been there for a long time.
In 1991 they only had base model, ES, and R/T turbos. It looks like in later
years they dropped the ES and added R/T.

·
IXLR8
476 Posts
kevm14 said:
I stumbled upon a 3000GT VR-4 in my bone stock 95 Z28 a few weekends ago. We were basically dead even to the top of my 4th, which is somewhere in the neighborhood of 120. I had to shut down due to traffic and cheesy brake pads. You guys could take a stock TT DSM no problem.
I doubt a stock GTO could take a stock TT Stealth "no problem" Those are mid 13second cars...
Maybe you raced and auto...

·
Registered
50 Posts
WKDWS6 said:
I doubt a stock GTO could take a stock TT Stealth "no problem" Those are mid 13second cars...
Maybe you raced and auto...
ET has nothing to do with rolling acceleration performance (trap speed does). Those cars are mid 13 cars only because AWD gets them off the line hard. Their trap speeds are not impressive at all. So I'd like to correct my statement and say "from 20mph and above, you guys could take one no problem." Once off the line, AWD only hurts you, not helps you...

·
US Monaro-IBM/B/M6-K&N
739 Posts
License 2 Go Pool ....

GTOdriver7 said:
:sneaky: Somehow .. I just .. didn't .. appreciated the humor in this the first time I read it ... but, if we must :rolleyes: ... then include "RedGTOsalami" too ... because someone I work with reported a Red GTO runnin' like crasy up thru traffic on the 405 a while back .. it must'a been him ... they said he was chasin' a VW Rabbit or Jetta. :D

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
Big Blue Daddy said:
:sneaky: Somehow .. I just .. didn't .. appreciated the humor in this the first time I read it ... but, if we must :rolleyes: ... then include "RedGTOsalami" too ... because someone I work with reported a Red GTO runnin' like crasy up thru traffic on the 405 a while back .. it must'a been him ... they said he was chasin' a VW Rabbit or Jetta. :D
Now yes I appreciated the humor in this :D

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Deja Vu All Over Again

Yet another Dodge Stealth R/T tried to "get away" travelling south on I-81. Eventually he moved over and let me by. Absolutely no contest. I'm embarrassed to say I forgot to wave as I drove past. I hope he didn't think I was driving a BMW. :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts