LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered my DiabloSport Predator Power Programmer from :D Ask for Alex, he is great to deal with. Best of all, they are IN STOCK!!!! Mention you are from this website and you will get a deal. I am very excitied, getting the unit tommorrow.
:thumbs:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the tip. I just ordered one this morning also. They said they have 40+ units in stock so I'll get it tomorrow.

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
speed_demon_freak said:
I paid 377.99 from Tbyrne. That included overnight shipping.
That is a good deal. Except they do not have them in stock now, and I do not want to wait.

·
Knight Errant
1,800 Posts
Got mine from T. Byrne

Got mine for $388.00 at T. Byrne's, and I went and picked it up. :(

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Old Goat said:
Got mine for $388.00 at T. Byrne's, and I went and picked it up.
Old Goat, any updates on your Predator? Any problems, praises and or advice?

·
Knight Errant
1,800 Posts
Suggestion

TprGTO said:
Old Goat, any updates on your Predator? Any problems, praises and or advice?
The only thing I can suggest is to go to their Site and download the on-line version of the manual there for the U-7193. It has more pages and may be clearer to understand than the booklet that comes in the box. I will also be asking Tom for a custom tune. I want to set the RPM limiter at 6500 RPM and speed limiter at 180 MPH. The current 'performance tune' allows you to turn the RPM limiter on or off for each gear, but I did not see a way to adjust it, and there is no provision for adjusting the speed limiter, as delivered.

·
Registered
26 Posts
You Read My Mind

Old Goat said:
The only thing I can suggest is to go to their Site and download the on-line version of the manual there for the U-7193. It has more pages and may be clearer to understand than the booklet that comes in the box. I will also be asking Tom for a custom tune. I want to set the RPM limiter at 6500 RPM and speed limiter at 180 MPH. The current 'performance tune' allows you to turn the RPM limiter on or off for each gear, but I did not see a way to adjust it, and there is no provision for adjusting the speed limiter, as delivered.

That is EXACTLY what I am looking for -

I wonder if we would get a price break if several people
wanted the same "modified" tune

Mine is an A4 and I already re-set the fans to my needs
but, I am definitely looking at changing those two parameters

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
GTO_Again said:
That is EXACTLY what I am looking for -

I wonder if we would get a price break if several people
wanted the same "modified" tune

Mine is an A4 and I already re-set the fans to my needs
but, I am definitely looking at changing those two parameters

What did you reset the fans to?

I left mine stock with the 160* thermostat install.

·
Registered
26 Posts
speed_demon_freak said:

Stock A4 - my coolant temp is 194 F @ 70-80 MPH before and after my installation of "bug screens"

The fans were running all the time after the Predator Performance Tune install, so -

I reset to -

LO: On at 215*F, off again at 205*F

HI : On at 225*F, off again at 214*F

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
speed_demon_freak said:

Change your fan temps when you get the chance. On the tstat box there are some examples of where to set them to work best with your 160* tstat. Setting the fan temps to work with the tstat gives you the best results. Leaving the fan temps stock means the coolant MAY never get cold enough to close the 160* tstat while you're driving.

·
Admin
9,705 Posts
Sorry but that link had to go, they are a direct competitor to one of our sponsors as well 3 other vendors I know sell predators.

DS regulates that the lowest advertised price can be $429.99, so you problably will get the best prices if you call vendors... dont expect to have the best prices posted.

Right now DS is out of stock on quite a few predators.

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
mlc said:
In light of the 05 news I was wondering if the Predator will work on the 05?

Anyone?
For a definative answer, I would say to contact DiabloSport or a vendor to find out.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts