LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I was thinking about what tuning device should I get for my Holden Monaro 2003 (lumina ss coupe in the middle east).

1. LS1edit : Expensive, no dyno tune (since we dont have a dyno in my country), mail order tune.
total : $550 for product+$200 for sending the file by e-mail and getting it tuned = $750.

2. DiabloSport Predator Power Programmer : much cheaper, less paramaters, not sure it will work in my car (anyone?).
Total : $400

By the way my car has bolt-ons and soon heads and cam, if the predator will work on my car without problems ill go for it (cheaper and easier) but if it doesn't than I have to get the LS1edit. What do you think guys?

·
Go Tigers!
2,455 Posts
You'll need the LS1 Edit maybe

Public Enemy said:
Hey guys, I was thinking about what tuning device should I get for my Holden Monaro 2003 (lumina ss coupe in the middle east).

1. LS1edit : Expensive, no dyno tune (since we dont have a dyno in my country), mail order tune.
total : $550 for product+$200 for sending the file by e-mail and getting it tuned = $750.

2. DiabloSport Predator Power Programmer : much cheaper, less paramaters, not sure it will work in my car (anyone?).

By the way my car has bolt-ons and soon heads and cam, if the predator will work on my car without problems ill go for it (cheaper and easier) but if it doesn't than I have to get the LS1edit. What do you think guys?
However, you can adjust parmeters with the predator, but you need to be
comfortable changing these parmeter(ie know what your doing), otherwise
the LS1 edit is for you.

·
Knight Errant
1,800 Posts
Predator vs. LS1 Edit

Public Enemy said:

I would check with one of our spronsoring vendors on the left that has both available for sale. Those guys really know there stuff and could help you a lot. :D

·
Been here for a long time...
4,658 Posts
LS1 Edit would be the way to go as its custom for your car. But if you aren't comfortable changing parameters, then a mail order tune would be almost as good. You would probably have to AutoTap, or equivilent, your car and send as much data logging as possible. Normal driving, cruise, WOT, etc. That way, it would be as close as you can get through the mail.

·
Sponsor
212 Posts
Public Enemy said:

It will not work at this time, unfortunately. I'm hoping to get Johan at DiabloSport to add these in eventually.

Regards,

James - RWTD
www.RunninWithTheDevil.com
www.DiabloSportTuning.com

·
HP Tuners
125 Posts
Another option would be HP Tuners VCM Suite.

We do support your vehicle and also have scan tool software built into our product as well.

You can find a bunch of information about our product as well as screen shots on our web site. www.hptuners.com

Thanks!

Keith - HP Tuners

1 - 6 of 6 Posts