LS1GTO.com Forums banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 81 Fiat Spider 2000 and I just rebuild the complete drive shaft as my pillow block was worn out. Now I am getting a noise much like a ticking sound when accelerating (using gas). It goes away completely when I take gas off. Any ideas where to look, it sounds like it is in the rear?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Seems most of you complaining about diff noises are still stock. My experience has not been any better with a built rear. I had trutrac and 3.91's installed and it has been noisy since day one. Thought it to be somewhat normal until I was driving 1 cool evening with the windows up. Wow, the thing sounds horrible. Had it built a few years ago but never drive the car. Maybe has 1k on the diff.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I just went to advanced and go Mobil 1 75-145 for the rear and asked the manager if it needed friction modifier and he said no. From what I am reading here, I should put friction mod in. Where is the best place to locate FM if not from the dealer. I seen someone said NAPA??
Order from Torco or pick up a bottle of 3xl at a ford dealer. The 3xl smells like the old GM modifier used from the factory. Some one just posted this week information he received from Dana. It was a good write up about modifier.

·
Registered
3 Posts
2006 GTO, owned since new. We have a grinding noise that starts out cold to Be loud. Runs w tire rotation up until 35 MPH. Warming up its still noticeable just not as loud but still noisy.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts