LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put Redline Heavy Duty Shock proof in there 3 thousand+ miles ago, no problems until now.

Things I have noticed, the factory tightening of the filler hole was loose and leaking for 40 thousand plus miles +

The teeth on the sensor attached to it are marred a little on some sections

as I said in the title, its random, can go 40 miles and make all kinds of tight turns and no sound or hesitation, then all of a sudden it reappears, very loud pop pop sounds and a hesitation in moving forward or back

The Redline says it is 75W250 (Yes it hasd a friction modifier)

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
T1000 said:
Put Redline Heavy Duty Shock proof in there 3 thousand+ miles ago, no problems until now.

Things I have noticed, the factory tightening of the filler hole was loose and leaking for 40 thousand plus miles +

The teeth on the sensor attached to it are marred a little on some sections

as I said in the title, its random, can go 40 miles and make all kinds of tight turns and no sound or hesitation, then all of a sudden it reappears, very loud pop pop sounds and a hesitation in moving forward or back

The Redline says it is 75W250 (Yes it hasd a friction modifier)
you know you are suppose to use a 75W140 or 85w140 right?? That oil might be too vescousies even with the firction modifier.

If I were you, I would dump that oil, put some cheap 75w140 in to flush it (drive it for a weekend or so) and then change to either AMSoil severe gear w/o FM or the Torco w/ FM.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts