• ArrowHead Performance Hood

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Wait for more hoods.

Votes: 28 56.0%
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
My answer isn't in the poll - I'm keeping the stock one.
Dan

·
3,327 Posts
DANSLS1 said:
My answer isn't in the poll - I'm keeping the stock one.
Dan
I think that is the 'waiting' answer. :D

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
But I'm not waiting for anything. The only way I'd ever replace the stock hood is if I were to get really radical and tub the chassis, etc. to make the car a full blown pro street rod - then I'd get a big scoop like nickievee has on the old goat. And there's no plans in the near future to do that. Otherwise, I'm all good with the stock one.
Dan

·
I used ta could
514 Posts
Mpd

speed_demon_freak said:
Which hood are you going to buy?
I like the looks of the MPD hood best. Would keep stock hood tucked away, same as factory floormats.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Of the custom hoods I've seen so far in pictures, I like the PFYC's GTO Banshee hood the best. However, I still think the best look for this car is the stock hood.

·
Knight Errant
1,800 Posts
Cowl Induction

I'm wavering between doing nothing and waiting on a stealth cowl induction style hood. :confused:

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
Hey? How come there's no choice for "Stu Hayner's #5 GTO Carbon Fiber Hood"? Oh... because I have THE ONLY ONE! :D

In all seriousness, though, any different hood one would mount to one's GTO should be FUNCTIONAL to some degree (i.e. heat extractors and/or ram air.) To put a "stylish" hood with no function on a GTO is as bad as putting a "table wing" on the back. That's why it bothers me that the '05 GTO, according to rumor, is going to have NON-FUNCTIONAL hood scoops. How tacky.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
What does the MPD hood look like, out of curiosity? I'm not sure if I have seen it or not. The #5 hood is pretty darn cool tho; wish they'd make that one a real product.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
FLORIT said:
Oh... because I have THE ONLY ONE! :D
now stop rubbing it in...... :D :slap:

·
Single Digit Stick Shift
4,088 Posts
Be Original

I think I am going to have to vote for OTHER. I don't believe I will be buying another hood. I already made mine.
The key to the hood is making everything flow. Look at the lines of the car before deciding upon a hood. Certain hoods may look better than others. Whatever makes you happy is what I believe in. I just kind of wanted a hood that no one else was going to have.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
BillyGoatGruff said:
I think I am going to have to vote for OTHER. I don't believe I will be buying another hood. I already made mine.
The key to the hood is making everything flow. Look at the lines of the car before deciding upon a hood. Certain hoods may look better than others. Whatever makes you happy is what I believe in. I just kind of wanted a hood that no one else was going to have.

I really like your hood.....hmmm...who made it? you yourself? or a local shop? Is it functional?

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
BillyGoatGruff's hood is similar to the MPD design... or... the MPD design is similar to BillyGoatGruff's.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Well, between the MPD and the PFYC hoods I'd have to go for the PFYC one. However, my ideal hood would be just a carbon fiber version of the original, or perhaps one with a bump in the middle ala the BMW M3's "powerdome" aluminum hood (but again, in CF) to accomodate a future supercharger.

Anyone up to photochopping a GTO with the style hood in the pic I've attached?

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Those Chrome Grilles weren't made with Krylon were they? Or was it that $2000/gal liquid chrome that they sell?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts