LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so i have been searching about the under drive pulleys. from what i have read they reduce the percentage of the stock pulley about 25% and save weight. this also effects how the ac, steering, and charging system run, but it increases what is getting to the ground. in texas i don't want to be sitting in traffic sweating because my ac is not working up to par during the 7 hot months a year. is the reason for change to a pulley to save the weight from the heavy stock one? or is the reduction in size the most important part? if not, is there a pulley out there that is the same size as stock but a good amount lighter that will also help with allowing the car to rev faster but not affect the effectiveness of the ac, charging, and sterring system? thanks for your help, Tyler

·
Growing up is an option
17,296 Posts
the weight is pretty inconsequential it's the lessening of parasitic power from the water pump, power steering, ac compressor and alternator that give you the power

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that is exactly the answer i was looking for, thank you very much. looks like the stock pulley will stay down the road.

·
= Ol Dirty Ed
3,280 Posts
I agree it just does not seem worth it to put all that additional stress on those most vital and expensive parts for the couple extra hp you get. I'll keep my stock pulley thank you.

·
Registered
796 Posts
It only lessens it to a degree that is still safe. If it is under-driving those components too much then why do I still have the same water temp degree, level of air conditioning and so on AFTER I put the pulley on?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Licit said:
It only lessens it to a degree that is still safe. If it is under-driving those components too much then why do I still have the same water temp degree, level of air conditioning and so on AFTER I put the pulley on?
Agreed, I haven't noticed my A/C running any warmer. Trust me if I did the stocker would already be back on living in central Florida.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts