LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Sensible Contributor
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are a lot of VX Commodore owners in Australia who chose to fit the Monaro tail lights for a different look. They are an exact match for size.

Anybody thought of doing the reverse for a bit of originality ?

·
Sensible Contributor
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
04bluegto said:
that would be cool but i bet, we need a different wire setup to put those on. Like the people had to do with the black ones.
They are standard Holden fitment, but if the GTO is wired differently to the Monaro, you may be right...

·
Registered
250 Posts
isszy said:
There are a lot of VX Commodore owners in Australia who chose to fit the Monaro tail lights for a different look. They are an exact match for size.

Anybody thought of doing the reverse for a bit of originality ?
Yes, but not those. I've seen some that ran all the way across the back that looked interesting.

·
Sensible Contributor
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lively said:
Yes, but not those. I've seen some that ran all the way across the back that looked interesting.
The VT Commodore had a full width rear light assembly. Not sure if it fits the coupe trunk lid.

·
Knight Errant
1,800 Posts
Tail lights

Odin said:

concept monaro rear
Those look nice, and not to change the subject but M-series wheels, wow! To fit those tails, either these or the full width, we'd have to change to the Monaro trunk lid fascia panel as well and wiring.

·
Registered
250 Posts

·
3,327 Posts
I would like to have the full tail light like in the pics above, but I would think that 3 stacked brake lights would be a little too much (back window, spoiler, then trunk lid) I do like that design a lot though.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Odin said:

concept monaro rear
So, Odin, any idea how to get those lights and any other necessary hardware?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Those are actually the stock rear lights on VT commodores. The lower spec commodores had orange rear turn signals but the higher spec models had clear turn signals such as in the picture.

So you could source the parts from a holden dealer or aftermarket supplier. You might also be able to fit the rear trunk panel piece by removing the plastic section in your trunk panel. I'm pretty sure they are interchangeable. All in all it would require a minimum of modifications.

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
I was thinking too Catera

·
Registered
980 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
Maybe I am not seeing it, but what is the difference between the stock tails and the euro tails?

·
Moving Forward
2,163 Posts
From what i remember clear turning signals are illegal in NY state. It might also be illegal in other states. In New York the laws require specific colors to appear on all cars front and back, not too sure about the sides. Otherwise its just another ticket and reason for a PO to pull you over.
http://www.ssrsny.com/news/december2003/3.htm

Above is a link to the rules for taillights in my state. I'd check around your own DMV before spending your hard earned cash for new lights and finding they are a ticket waiting to happen.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
I think the clear bit applies to the color of light, not the plastic over the lamp. Our cars have clear tail lights with an amber tinted bulb 1156NA.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts