LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Dazed & Confused
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all,
My 2006 GTO differential died on me yesterday. I knew it was coming, but was hoping it wouldn't be yesterday! I always said that I would try to replace failed parts with upgraded ones. I was working at the time, though, so now I'm looking for the cheapest way to get my car on the road again.

I'd appreciate any advice, solutions or suggestions.

David in OH

·
Registered
823 Posts
Would have babied it until I had funds to have fun.
now that you’re here, cheapest would be a used unit,$250-500 self installed, and hope for the best.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Sorry to hear about Diff.
Please define died. In detail, just to be sure.
Also share your and your friends skill levels, tools, lifts/jack stands and shelter from cold.
If you have to pull one from Junkyard and live in Ohio,(and it is Winter time) before you are all done chances are your number of friends will decrease.

·
Dazed & Confused
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry to hear about Diff.
Please define died. In detail, just to be sure.
Also share your and your friends skill levels, tools, lifts/jack stands and shelter from cold.
If you have to pull one from Junkyard and live in Ohio,(and it is Winter time) before you are all done chances are your number of friends will decrease.
Been having a clunking noise coming from the back that usual made this noise backing up, but I've also heard the same clunk cone out of nowhere when driving it. Well, the stepson was moving the car back in the driveway when a major clunk was heard and then the car would not move.

A rebuild seems like the only choice, because even the resources I have wouldn't be uncomfortable doing a rebuild. Installing it, yes.

·
Dazed & Confused
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, we're "assuming" it's the differential, at this point. Once we have a place to take a closer look, we'll make certain.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts