LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Kicker Of Ass
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm almost ready to buy HPTuners, but I need to know if this is possible. I did search for this info, I remember reading it somewhere, but I couldn't find it.

I have intake, headers, no cats and e-cutouts. The rear O2 sensors aren't plugged in, so the CEL is on. Will I be able to turn that off, permanently, with HPTuners?

Also, since we're on the topic of O2 sensors, do I absolutely HAVE to get the Pro to hook up a wideband to it for logging?

Edit: I want to also mention, there isn't any emissions testing where my car is registered, so that's not the issue. I just want the CEL gone :D

·
Registered
150 Posts
I don't have HPT myself but I had the same thing done to my car with HPT and I pass emmissions in WI because all our emmissions test does is check to make sure you're not throwing any error codes. The dumbest part is we only have emmissions in like 5 counties in WI the rest don't have to worry about it at all.

Reactions: vanrah

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Get the pro, there is no reason they should even sell the basic, even my handheld tuners have 2 analog inputs on them for a good reason ;)

Ryan

·
Registered
984 Posts
P0420
P0430

^ Disable those two and then pretty much anything mentioning "HO2S Sensor 2"

·
Kicker Of Ass
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Excellent info, thank you guys! I'm getting the Pro then, sounds like the way to go. That, and the AEM gauge. Is it true that the driver side bank is leaner than the passenger? I'm thinking of putting the wideband there.

·
1 of 40,757
6,935 Posts
I followed this (from):

To disable COT and the Rear O2s:

Engine, Fuel Control, COT, Lean Cruise, Cat Over Temp Protection:
COT - Set to Disabled
Engine Diag, General, Catalyst:

Catalyst Test - Set to Disabled
Post O2, Post O2 Test - Set to Disabled

Engine Diag, DTCs:
Set all the below DTCs to Error Mode "3 - No Error reported".

P0036
P0054
P0056
P0060

P0137
P0138
P0140
P0141
P0157
P0158
P0160
P0161

P0420
P0430

P2A01
P2A04

·
Registered
984 Posts
Excellent info, thank you guys! I'm getting the Pro then, sounds like the way to go. That, and the AEM gauge. Is it true that the driver side bank is leaner than the passenger? I'm thinking of putting the wideband there.
Yea, I've heard of people seeing a 4% or so difference. Just run open loop :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm trying to disable the rear O2 on a 2002 Trans Am. The HPTuners software now is greyed out on those DTCs. I tried posting in the HPTuners forum, but any questions regarding the O2 sensors had the entire post/thread removed. Does anyone know if it is still possible to disable the O2 DTCs?

·
The Wulff
2,910 Posts
I don't remember a working version and I have been using Beta's for a few years now, so not sure you could even find that. If you can find what version they were running about a year ago you might be ok. Perhaps someone else here has an out of date version they can give details on

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't remember a working version and I have been using Beta's for a few years now, so not sure you could even find that. If you can find what version they were running about a year ago you might be ok. Perhaps someone else here has an out of date version they can give details on
You helped out a lot. I still had an installer I downloaded 2 months ago (v4.12) and it has all of the options available. Luckily I found out before I lost it. Thanks again!

·
Administrator
9,236 Posts
Yeah unfortunately HP Tuners has essentially pulled the plug on being able to do anything that affects emissions.

·
GR-RRR!
8,523 Posts
Lolz?

Ah, so they are taking the CYA approach. Makes sense because if they cut off the ability to affect these things they'd lose a fair amount of business. By doing it this way they just shift the liability to the user instead of themselves.

·
Worthless reject member
55,257 Posts
Ah, so they are taking the CYA approach. Makes sense because if they cut off the ability to affect these things they'd lose a fair amount of business. By doing it this way they just shift the liability to the user instead of themselves.
so the new vcm editor actually allows you to change the emissions stuff, so long as you basically admit on record you are fully aware of the changes you're making (i.e. take the course and enter the code)?

still gonna stay with my older version, thank you very much.

·
Yes my name is Holden
713 Posts
Hi Guys; This is informative. So does that make the older HP Pro units more valuable than new? I'm not ready to move on to sealed bonnets yet. This hobby may be an oddity in 25 years? Just before I misplaced my crystal ball I could see in 10-15 years these Outomibiles becoming Very valuable. Of course near show room condition, mostly stock.
Now I ask myself why did I write this, no one here has a stock (show room) car! ENJOY now guys who knows the future? We all thought in 1971 our world had ended. Ole' Bob.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts