2,137 Posts

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
:D been there, done that, will do it again :D

·
71-GTO
220 Posts
I have bought rims for another car through them. You can have them installed at their local shop. They gave me excellent service and I would buy through them again.

Tom

·
Registered
523 Posts
Hardware said:
Was surfin and remembered this Tire place which has a bunch of Rims for the gto. anyone buy from these guys?

http://www.discounttire.com
I've bought all of my tires in the last 20 or so years from them; never bought rims, though. All purchases have been for "ordinary" cars, my son's Mazda 626, our Lincoln Town Car, my '67 Mustang (gone to make room for the Goat)--no high-performance tires.

That said, I have been extremely pleased with the products and service. I always get the "works," new valve stems, balancing, road hazard warranty, etc. They've never played games with replacement issues, even when the tire wear was probably a little beyond the warranty limits.

Since I haven't shopped elsewhere for so long, I don't know if the other tire retailers play this warranty game --

First of of all, the other dealers' tires were always "sale priced." You'd pay for the tire at that price. Ten thousand miles later, the tread separates. They would prorate the wear and subtract the value of the remaining tread based on the regular price. That figure invariably ended up being greater than the "sale" price of the replacement. They weren't giving you anything.

Except for Discount Tire, typical auto industry "whenever their lips move, they're lying."

1 - 8 of 8 Posts