LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
LS1/DC5/EM2
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read the manual and can't find out how to shut off the distortion limiter, can anyone help... :banghead:

·
Senior's Member
2,853 Posts
Look under Driver's Information Center (DIC) - it's a setting - one of many.

For laughs search for a thread on DIC's from DG

·
LS1/DC5/EM2
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ozzie Goat said:
Look under Driver's Information Center (DIC) - it's a setting - one of many.

For laughs search for a thread on DIC's from DG
thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
1. Make sure the ignition is in the off position.
2. Turn the ignition to the RUN position.
3. Within the next few seconds, watch the Driver Information Center. After the System Check is complete, it will prompt you to enter the options mode. When it does, press either up or down button on the trip computer.
4. The DIC will walk you through the process of personalization, including turning off the audio distortion limiter.

·
LS1/DC5/EM2
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tigre415 said:
1. Make sure the ignition is in the off position.
2. Turn the ignition to the RUN position.
3. Within the next few seconds, watch the Driver Information Center. After the System Check is complete, it will prompt you to enter the options mode. When it does, press either up or down button on the trip computer.
4. The DIC will walk you through the process of personalization, including turning off the audio distortion limiter.
thanks i did that and still sometimes the radio cuts out

·
Y = C + I + G + NX
358 Posts
how loud are you listening to the radio? I have mine up to 30-36 usualy and have never had it cut out. I have the speed dependent volume thing set to the default position too.

·
LS1/DC5/EM2
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Xeon said:
how loud are you listening to the radio? I have mine up to 30-36 usualy and have never had it cut out. I have the speed dependent volume thing set to the default position too.
40-45

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
:eek2: Distortion :p

Gotta have it :gr_jest: Neil Young RUST NEVER SLEEPS :hail:

·
NASCAR-A-HOLIC
1,211 Posts
Even with the distortion limiter off, the speakers will cut out. There is nothing you can do to stop that. It is a protection device they use to keep amp from overheating. It is a real pain if you just want to crank it up.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Another way to change the stereo options is to turn off the head unit. Then press the on and 1 buttons at the same time. This will allow you to change 3 options using the volume knob/button. The speed volume setting, the distortion limiter, and one other (I forget). This is how I turned off the distortion limiter.

·
2004 Torrid Red GTO
1,119 Posts
cool Lazy! Thanks for the tip!

·
Mr Fingers to you
2,711 Posts
LazyBastard said:
Another way to change the stereo options is to turn off the head unit. Then press the on and 1 buttons at the same time. This will allow you to change 3 options using the volume knob/button. The speed volume setting, the distortion limiter, and one other (I forget). This is how I turned off the distortion limiter.

Yes this is the easy way

1 - 12 of 12 Posts