LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Big Pappa
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i finally got to race (sorta) a GTO and it turns out to be a member here...alittle sprint from like 50-100 on our way to work, well my way, i assume his as well...then i see him like a week later and we're basically just are navigating the terrible 5 o'clock clearwater traffic...btw nice save on the shoulder (you know what im talking about)
im the guy that said i thought your car was a SAAB (no offense) but from the rear it looked like the viggen and i hadnt seen a GTO on the road before...BTW i live in port richey if you wanna go from a dig ,i'd be glad to meet you...from my reading i think you have a 6speed? im surprised i inched away from you at speed if that's true...i just assumed it was an auto ...
Steve

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
The question is: Was DMonty playing with you or was he trying hard? I'm a big fan of Acura (Honda/BAR F1 fan) but with the way the M6 GTO pulls in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th I find it hard to believe that you pulled him. But hey, you never know!

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Dmonty-Give it up!!! Were waiting . . .

·
Big Pappa
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Doc GTO said:
The question is: Was DMonty playing with you or was he trying hard? I'm a big fan of Acura (Honda/BAR F1 fan) but with the way the M6 GTO pulls in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th I find it hard to believe that you pulled him. But hey, you never know!
well im not exactly stock...he was trying i assure you...my cars prolly a 13.3 at 103-4 right now...best recorded was over a year ago at 13.7 at 102

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
type R said:
well im not exactly stock...he was trying i assure you...my cars prolly a 13.3 at 103-4 right now...best recorded was over a year ago at 13.7 at 102
That's strong, no doubt :hail: . The stock GTO will outrun a stock WRX STi to 150 mph by 14 seconds (as per Road & Track) so the goat really shines over 80 mph. I've pulled a '04 Mach 1 stang on the highway from 80-130 with no problem. In the 1/4 mile the Mach 1 and GTO are almost identicle but above that the goat pulls harder (good .30 cd and gearing) so the 1/4 mile only tells part of the story!

But like I said before, with the mods you have anything can happen.
:secret:

·
Registered
980 Posts
I feel like I was hunted down!!

type R said:
well i finally got to race (sorta) a GTO and it turns out to be a member here...alittle sprint from like 50-100 on our way to work, well my way, i assume his as well...then i see him like a week later and we're basically just are navigating the terrible 5 o'clock clearwater traffic...btw nice save on the shoulder (you know what im talking about)
im the guy that said i thought your car was a SAAB (no offense) but from the rear it looked like the viggen and i hadnt seen a GTO on the road before...BTW i live in port richey if you wanna go from a dig ,i'd be glad to meet you...from my reading i think you have a 6speed? im surprised i inched away from you at speed if that's true...i just assumed it was an auto ...
Steve
Ok everyone calm down. It wasnt a 'race' per se. He came up on fast from the rear and I dropped to 4th and gunned it and couldnt pull enough torque, I should have hit 3rd instead. Also we had just a small break in traffic to run with, am not making excuses just stating facts.

Yes, his Acura is FAST and has the sleeper looks like we do. Scary thing is we live near each other and apparently work near each other with about 25 miles of commute and apparently have the same schedule.

I'm game for a run, not on US 19 though.

As for the save: We are cruising up 19 and this Fairmont looking thing is sitting IN the outside lane to make a right turn. This is NOT a turn lane, it is a fully fledged lane. I am in the 2nd right lane and see her.... Then she starts to pull out right in front of me!!! Steve (Acura) is in lane 3 and there are few other cars around. Everyone JAMS the brakes because looney tunes is trying to merge from zero into 70 mph traffic while using 2 lanes. I slow down enough and have to ditch to the right shoulder to get around her, and the shoulder is really just a 1/2 lane bike path. She seemed totally unaware that there were other cars on the highway!!! As I go by her passenger side I see her sitting there eating a snow cone and is totally oblivious to the other cars. I admit a temporary loss of temper as I holler "WHAT THE F ARE YOU DOING!!!" Now this scared her and she jumped. Of course she put about 1/2 dozen other drivers in jeopardy of a MAJOR MULTICAR PILE UP. If I did not see her then I most likely spun out in front of Steve and drove him into the cars to the left of him. Later Steve came up to me and congradulated my save. (Cool dude) It just seemed like one of those days when all the idiots call each other to go out for a drive.

I hope everyone is having a great 4th!!!
_DM

·
Knight Errant
1,800 Posts
Another attempt.....

dmonty said:
Ok everyone calm down. It wasnt a 'race' per se. He came up on fast from the rear and I dropped to 4th and gunned it and couldnt pull enough torque, I should have hit 3rd instead. Also we had just a small break in traffic to run with, am not making excuses just stating facts.

Yes, his Acura is FAST and has the sleeper looks like we do. Scary thing is we live near each other and apparently work near each other with about 25 miles of commute and apparently have the same schedule.

I'm game for a run, not on US 19 though.

As for the save: We are cruising up 19 and this Fairmont looking thing is sitting IN the outside lane to make a right turn. This is NOT a turn lane, it is a fully fledged lane. I am in the 2nd right lane and see her.... Then she starts to pull out right in front of me!!! Steve (Acura) is in lane 3 and there are few other cars around. Everyone JAMS the brakes because looney tunes is trying to merge from zero into 70 mph traffic while using 2 lanes. I slow down enough and have to ditch to the right shoulder to get around her, and the shoulder is really just a 1/2 lane bike path. She seemed totally unaware that there were other cars on the highway!!! As I go by her passenger side I see her sitting there eating a snow cone and is totally oblivious to the other cars. I admit a temporary loss of temper as I holler "WHAT THE F ARE YOU DOING!!!" Now this scared her and she jumped. Of course she put about 1/2 dozen other drivers in jeopardy of a MAJOR MULTICAR PILE UP. If I did not see her then I most likely spun out in front of Steve and drove him into the cars to the left of him. Later Steve came up to me and congradulated my save. (Cool dude) It just seemed like one of those days when all the idiots call each other to go out for a drive.

I hope everyone is having a great 4th!!!
_DM
Hmmmmmm. DM, another attempt on a GTO by a Ford...hmmmmm :sneaky: Glad your okay, glad there was no pileup. Don't forget to stop by your church and :hail: ... :D

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
dmonty said:

I thought something had to be going on. 3.5 had a good run going already . . . That would explain it. Off course dmonty was doing a little of this :zzz: to let the 3.5 get the run!!! LOL ;-0

Happy 4th and, oh, 5th too!!!

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
Old Goat said:
Hmmmmmm. DM, another attempt on a GTO by a Ford...hmmmmm :sneaky: Glad your okay, glad there was no pileup. Don't forget to stop by your church and :hail: ... :D
If i got hit by a Fairmont, I'd have to swallow cyanide

·
Sensible Contributor
1,439 Posts
mistermike said:
If i got hit by a Fairmont, I'd have to swallow cyanide
I bet it didn't look like this - the current Fairmont Ghia in AU

·
Big Pappa
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Blitzu said:
That 3.5 is a stroker and you only run a high 13?? Sorry, but no offense but what is the deal? Stock 3.5's can run mid to low 14's? A 3.8L GM stroker runs 12's with no other modifications.... just curious, no offense meant by it.
stock 3.5 whats run mid to low 14's? the acuras were talking about come 3.2 and run hhigh 14's to low 15's im currently the fastest Cl in the country of record on the motor and faster then most S/C'd CL's/TL's 13.7 is my best track time but my cars faster than that...

and not arguing here monty but i did not have the run on you...i came up ...paced you hit it i hit it,but was anticipating it,and we went, not dening you may have been in the wrong gear but i was in 2nd so im think you might have been in 3rd...leaving for work in minutes maybe ill see you out there...

·
Registered
980 Posts
WKDWS6 said:
That new Ford Fairmont is sweet!!! They had a write up about it in Motortrend. Seems the Monero has some competition over in Aussie land...
FYI: The Fairmont (or whatever it was) looked more like a 197x or 8x model.

·
Knight Errant
1,800 Posts
Unh hunh...

dmonty said:
FYI: The Fairmont (or whatever it was) looked more like a 197x or 8x model.
Sorta like this DM? To my chagrin, I know them well. The City used them for cruisers for three years.. :barf:

·
Go Tigers!
2,455 Posts
Umm

WKDWS6 said:
That new Ford Fairmont is sweet!!! They had a write up about it in Motortrend. Seems the Monero has some competition over in Aussie land...
It's got two too many doors, and the color is :barf: , other than that
it ain't bad. :gr_jest:

·
Registered
980 Posts
Old Goat said:
Sorta like this DM? To my chagrin, I know them well. The City used them for cruisers for three years.. :barf:
Yes, either that or something exactly like that with that nice oxydized creme colored paint.

_DM

·
Registered
347 Posts
they have lots of colours for the new ford range and that color is actually more gold in person. more like that section where the light is on the paint... or so i have noticed.

·
596whp/553wtq @ 6.5psi
2,301 Posts
Type-R Why dont you get this on video?

·
Big Pappa
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
PHiL2 said:
Type-R Why dont you get this on video?
I PLAN ON IT... ive emailed monty and we may meet this weekend

·
Registered
980 Posts
type R said:
I PLAN ON IT... ive emailed monty and we may meet this weekend
I am planning video as well. Definitely will be interesting! From what everyone has said, it should be an even match. The goat is still breaking ME in so whatever the result it will be a learning experience for me.

Type R, I beat you yesterday on the ride to work yesterday BTW. I got your message about leaving for work that you posted at 6:55AM. I got to sleep in until 9:30 and took it easy around the house. Hope you had fun at work!!! Just ribbin' ya man!

I think I may have a place but dont want to post it since I dont want you know who there. Which brings to mind, do you have portable 2 way radios just in case?

_DM

1 - 20 of 22 Posts