LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I literally get asked weekly when I am going to have another DMS day. Our first one last summer had 60 GTOs. I have delayed this one due to very heavy schedules on my time.

If we can arrange to have GOD give us good weather on Sunday, Nov 19th, I would like to make this the tentitive day. I will be at SEMA the first week of Nov, and the second week will be the Goodguys show. So the earliest I can do it is the 19th.

Some special reasons for delaying the day is the introduction of your special wide body GTO. It has taken a while but it will be introduced at SEMA with the Speed Channel Car Crazy Guys. I will have it on display at the good Guys the week before. We also will have a new brake system on display that no one has seen before. It will be a reasonably priced 6 piston front and a 4 piston rear system. It will be on the DMS GTO. Also, we may be able to get Pete Basica's wide body (JusticePete) GTO there as well as well has Pete himself!

So here is things we can do and see at DMS day. Also would welcome your inputs, and to be honest, will need some of you to volunteer to help me. I think we will have a 100 plus GTOs there
JusticePete (Pete Basica) and his wide body GTO and Pedders demos
1. Display the new DMS GTO wide body and the 2007 SEMA Denali
2. Display the new brake system and discuss it
3. Open the shop up to "simple things like changing oil, changing radius rod bushes.
4. Display all the Pedders stuff
5. Check strut rod bushings on your vehicle
6. Get other venders there
a. clear bra demo
b. fender rolling demo
c. Dyno tuning and custom programming
d. front cradle alignment checks
e. more venders to come. any suggestions??
f. Factory reps. Demo on SI usage
7. Contests
a. Best appearing
b. best menchanical
c. best overall
d. best sounding
8. Free lunch
9. Special discounts
10. door prizes

Our brothers in the southern Ca. area had 100 GTOS there. They blew the doors off of our first DMS day of 60. I want our northern Ca to shine and show our southern Ca brothers we are a force as well. So lets put the word out and make this a huge event

I am also looking for volunteers to help and any recommendations on other venders you would like to see or things to do.

thanks
Mike
dms

·
Beer Geek
3,713 Posts
I can get there Saturday AM around noon. What can I do to help?

·
Back at it again.....
948 Posts
I'll be there, showin off as usual. Maybe I can check out some suspension stuff finally. This should be really fun, I cant wait.

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have invited the REVENGE GTO poeple to see if they would like to participate. We will be having other Pontiac dealers there as well. the only email I have for the Revenge people is [email protected]. Does anyone else have a contact?
Mike
dms

·
Born Again Goat
1,555 Posts
Good deal Mike! I was wondering if you would be able to squeeze another meet in.

Work permitting, count me in to assist with set up, sign ins, name tags, etc.

Btw, I'll put in a request for great weather tomorrow (Sunday)!

·
Speed Junkie
1,312 Posts
Count me in, and I should be available to help as well Mike. :)

·
PANCAKE CITY
1,622 Posts
Count me in too, I should have some of my minor stuff done by then

First one was fun!!!
Are we gunna see Dawson take a Tranny Fluid Shower again?

·
Banned
5,086 Posts
bout time mike...

you have my number and stuff for help if you need it..

i suggest raffles and such.
get kinders to setup there bar b q there....so people can buy lunch and such.
but mike you have to remember that our southern brothers had vegas,arizona,nor-cal,cars from everywhere..show up..
but we should have a good turnout..

·
Dynos still rule the earth!
962 Posts
I'll be there.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Mike I will plan on it! I know my cradles are off and I will need an oil change by then as well. If you need a Cradle Centering Demo Car, Take Mine!

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have about 40-45 emails of attendees. So i think this is going to be a very large event.

i am still interested in what other vendors all of you would like to see there. I have contacted the Vengance GTO people, but they have not replied. Looks like pete Basica will be there. Still trying to figure out how we can have a burnout contest and not get in trouble with the city of Dublin. Any suggestions?

mike
dms

·
Rear Seat Delete Builder
4,000 Posts
"Still trying to figure out how we can have a burnout contest and not get in trouble with the city of Dublin. Any suggestions? "

Invite the cops to set up a display,etc

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
msfyter said:
"Still trying to figure out how we can have a burnout contest and not get in trouble with the city of Dublin. Any suggestions? "

Invite the cops to set up a display,etc

That is a great idea.

mike
dms

1 - 20 of 74 Posts