LS1GTO.com Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Family Wagon of Fun
9,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just as the title says... if you send money as a Gift through PayPal to avoid the fees, you are waiving any rights you have to dispute the reversal of the transaction. Gifts have no attachment to goods/service, so there is nothing for PayPal to investigate to confirm the transaction.

Here's an example of why this is a problem:

1) You sell an item to someone
2) They send you money as a Gift
3) You ship the item, it arrives
4) They dispute the Gift, which 99 times out of 100 will be immediately refunded without you having any way to dispute it.
5) You are now out your item and the money you were paid temporarily for it.

As one of our members pointed out, this is also a problem as a buyer:

"I send money Monday for a clutch, and it is Wednesday and I haven't received and acknowledge/item shipped from the seller yet. I PM him but he hasn't been active on the forum since Monday morning. I just sent an email to his paypal account email address, and if I don't get any answer by tomorrow I will file a claim to paypal to get my money back. "

If you think saving a couple of bucks is worth this, be sure to enjoy losing your money. Otherwise, send it as something other than a gift.

·
Administrator
13,113 Posts
As we have received a few complaints were adding a new rule to the For Sale Rules.

13. PAYPAL PAYMENT CHARGES
Per the PayPal End user agreement you may not add a percentage or fee to use PayPal. Price your item accordingly.
Posts that state you will be assessing PayPal fees will be removed/deleted.​

4.6 No Surcharges. You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as a payment method. You may charge a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services, as long as the handling fee does not operate as a surcharge and is not higher than the handling fee you charge for non-PayPal transactions.​

Per the PayPal End user agreement, you may not ask for payment as a gift.​

4.1 Receiving Personal Payments. If you are selling goods or services, you may not ask the buyer to send you a Personal Payment for the purchase. If you do so, PayPal may remove your ability to accept Personal Payments.​

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
ddawson
LS1GTO.com Forums
LS1GTO.com is a forum community dedicated to the LS1 Pontiac GTO. Come discuss mods, horsepower, engine specs and more!
Full Forum Listing