LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm gearing up to install some of my equipment and was wondering if they make a dash kit yet. Also, is the opening a double din or din and 1/2? It appears to bid a double. Any help would be appreciated..

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've found the part number for a metra kit 99-3528 on an installers site. I called metra, and they told me to call my local circuit city to order. I've called them, but they can't find it in the system, and said I needed to talk to the manager.

I'll let you know if I get any farther.

·
Former GOATilicious SEG lover
2,637 Posts
viphlegm said:
I've found the part number for a metra kit 99-3528 on an installers site. I called metra, and they told me to call my local circuit city to order. I've called them, but they can't find it in the system, and said I needed to talk to the manager.

I'll let you know if I get any farther.
http://www.installer.com/kits/

hit CTRL+F and search for "99-3528" - they have it for $19.00

·
Former GOATilicious SEG lover
2,637 Posts
BlueGTO said:
That looks like a single DIN kit. Any double DIN kits out there?
Not yet that I have found. I think the main reason is that most Dash kits make you use the radio face surround that typically comes with most radios - if you use this face surround you CAN'T fit a second DIN unit under the first in the GTO's dash without cutting the dash (the surround usually covers the DIN sleeve that is exposed after install). If someone made a DD kit that didn't required the use of the snap on surround, but just allowed the radio face itself to fit through the opening (like http://www.autoacoustics.com.au/images/update/xy_dash_b.jpg but without the center divider), then it would work...

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the help.. I take it the double din kit is hopefully on the way. Has anyone seen the single din kit yet? How does it look? Thanks again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts