LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I obliged!

I was on the phone in the right lane minding my own business trying to have a conversation, he was in the left hand lane. He would fall back, stomp on it (he had some aftermarket exhaust) catch up to me, then goose it a couple times. I tried to ignore him and continue my conversation, but enough was enough. When my rear end was just past his front end, I told the person on the phone to hang on for a second, dropped it into 3rd and just hammered it, cut in front of him (as there was a car in front of me in the right hand lane) and just left it to the board through third. I put a zip code on him. No need for 4th as I think I made my point.

I swear!!

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
how come everyone is just "minding their own business" when all the action happens. i have seen hardly any action at all in my GTO. maybe i need to start "minding own business" :)

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am. I like for them to draw first blood, then I carve them.

·
Moving Forward
2,163 Posts
Actually driving with a cell phone is illegal in NY. At one point it was a $1,000.00 fine in Nassau county, but the state lowered it to around $100, im not sure if County Laws can add more to the fine ($500 in Suffolk). I know you maybe a good driver even with a phone in your hand, but there are too many people who drive with phones. Its enough that they can't drive in the first place, then they distract themselves to the point where the conversation is first and the driving is second. I guess thats why we have an ls1Gto.com member with a Chevy Blazer pushed into his Goats rearend by some dumb girl driving a corvette and talking on the phone. Or should i say talking on the phone and possibly driving.
I'm not trying to preech to anyone. Just FYI many states are following suit.

·
Registered
980 Posts
04bluegto said:
because were just clam drivers.
Clam drivers of America! Unite and be stong for tonite we roll!!! :secret:

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Ivar's which is very famous seafood restaurant in Seattle has a motto......"Keep Clam"....In the early days a truck with syrup crashed outside his restaurant. He cooked up a bunch of free pancakes for people and they dunked them in the spilled syrup. It was the publicity stunt that put him on the map.
:drink::drink:

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Razinhell said:
Actually driving with a cell phone is illegal in NY. At one point it was a $1,000.00 fine in Nassau county, but the state lowered it to around $100, im not sure if County Laws can add more to the fine ($500 in Suffolk). I know you maybe a good driver even with a phone in your hand, but there are too many people who drive with phones. Its enough that they can't drive in the first place, then they distract themselves to the point where the conversation is first and the driving is second. I guess thats why we have an ls1Gto.com member with a Chevy Blazer pushed into his Goats rearend by some dumb girl driving a corvette and talking on the phone. Or should i say talking on the phone and possibly driving.
Illinois has (or had) similar laws. However, much like speed limits, they are easily broken and not highly enforced. Thanks for the PSA though.

Oh, and it was an Explorer, NOT a Blazer!

·
2004 GTO IBM/Blue m6
316 Posts
Razinhell said:
Well then I guess its a good thing CMNT put his phone down or he could have been popped for drag racing WHILE talking on a cell phone WHILE driving. :p

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
MI_WS6 said:
Well then I guess its a good thing CMNT put his phone down or he could have been popped for drag racing WHILE talking on a cell phone WHILE driving. :p
LOL until I read this I hadn't even picked up on the irony of Razinhell's post :gr_jest:

·
US Monaro-IBM/B/M6-K&N
739 Posts
BBD's Bi'nezz

GTOdriver7 said:
how come everyone is just "minding their own business" when all the action happens. i have seen hardly any action at all in my GTO. maybe i need to start "minding own business" :)
BBD is always .. "just mindin' his oowwnnn bi'nezz" .. lets the action come to him .. .. just keep eyes and ears open .. know who and what is around you on the road all the time ... ... and ..... ... that's BBD's Bi'nezz! :cool:

..... Mean Monaros - DRIVE ON ... BBD :cool:

·
US Monaro-IBM/B/M6-K&N
739 Posts
First Blood

CMNTMXR57 said:
I am. I like for them to draw first blood, then I carve them.
. I like your strategy ... they pick a race, .. and then we finish 'em!

. ... Mean Monaros - DRIVE ON ... BBD :cool:

·
Moving Forward
2,163 Posts
Like i said i respect CMNT's driving more then most because he's an experienced driver. I'm not trying to preech to the Forum. You have no clue how bad drivers are in the New York area. Just on the LIE (Long Island Expressway) where 75mph is considered slow in the left lane we have people doing 40mph because their blabbing on their cell phone. I wish i could drive up next to then and snatch it out of their hands and slam the phone on the ground.
If you think thats just the highway, If you haven't driven in Manhattan then you have no clue about cell phones, bad driving and just plan stupid people. In manhattan people will just walk right in front of your car. I have had people on cell phones almost walk into my car while waiting for traffic to move up. Then the people on cell phones in their cars have no clue what going on around them. Then there are taxis darting in and out of the next spot. Its actually really funny.
They actually thought those 2 wheel personal transportation devices would take off in the cities. I can imagine a person dying in about a week with one of those in NYC. I know all situations are different and maybe this was just my rant.
By the way i really could care less if it was a Blazer, Explorer or a dumptruck. It hit a GTO and thats bad.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
Razinhell said:
If you think thats just the highway, If you haven't driven in Manhattan then you have no clue about cell phones, bad driving and just plan stupid people. .
Ahh, you make me miss the old place. My GF (at the time) saw a pedestrian literally knocked out of his shoes near Times Square. I don't think the cabbies would like the Segway very much because of its potential for causing far more front end damage than mere flesh and bone. I still remember the time I was stuck bumper to bumper on the BQE at 3 AM. Only in New York.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Clam drivers...Is that like the Sprot package I saw in another thread?

On another note, I drove by the local street racers last night in the parking lot of our local Vons (they park in front of a donut shop so I refer to them as the Donut Gang) and revved the engine, then took off with some dramatic screeching of the tires. Did it again a little later too. Didn't do any racing - just not that foolish.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts