LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
flash a brand new TCM. We found out the hard way that a TECH II doesn't have enough memory to install a factory tune on the ECM. I am assuming that the TCM has it's own stock tune that needs to be placed on a brand new TCM.

I think we have found my problem with the ls2edit to HPT conversion. I got a new ECM and used the prior LS2edit TCM but didn't have a new TCM at the time the new ECM was flashed and a stock tune put in. Once HPT error'd with the ls2edit TCM, we overnighted a new one. I figured that being a GTO TCM that it would already have the right program in it. Wrong. The HPT VCM log showed it was a GTO TCM with a vette ID number. It would logical to think that since I have an ls2 that the 05/06 GTO TCM's come with standard vette ID's and then are flashed to GTO ID's before being sold.

So I am just wondering instead of heading out to the dealer if a friend of the shop owner who works for the dealership can just bring over his TECH II and flash that new TCM to a GTO ID#??

·
gotta love a gto
1,096 Posts
not without getting the info from the car. the way a tech 2 works unless your vin is already in the computer for tis2 web, is it reads the vin from the car. then downloads appropiate program for that module. i haven't tried this before, but you might be able to manually enter the vin after screen says replace and reprogram. but usually the car should be present when downloading info.

·
I hack cars.
8,111 Posts
Sure can, send it to me I'll take care of it for ya :)

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Let me make it clear that the new TCM is already in the car and that is why we are having problems. I guess the new TCM is not programmed. So basically I want to avoid a trip to the dealer and have a friend of the shop owners bring over his dealership tech II and just do what needs to be done so we can get this damn fiasco over with...

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info guys..if anyone needs to know what is involved with a ls2edit to HPT swap and cannot or doesn't want to get to their original tuner, hit me up. Hopefully this will all be done soon.

·
Still a communist state
12,479 Posts
jeff this whole thing flat out sucks....looks like i will be getting my tune on HPT software

·
450 whp 432wtqw
127 Posts
pharmdgto said:
Let me make it clear that the new TCM is already in the car and that is why we are having problems. I guess the new TCM is not programmed. So basically I want to avoid a trip to the dealer and have a friend of the shop owners bring over his dealership tech II and just do what needs to be done so we can get this damn fiasco over with...
did you link pcm to the bcm to the tcm?

i had i problem like this you should have the codes on a little white card that came in the glove box.

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
b20 said:
did you link pcm to the bcm to the tcm?

i had i problem like this you should have the codes on a little white card that came in the glove box.
I liked the new ECM to the BCM but not the new TCM to the BCM. My shop has the codes from that card to access everything. Just now have to wait for themt go get over to the dealer and flash this new TCM. Hopefully this takes care of the problem.

·
450 whp 432wtqw
127 Posts
pharmdgto said:
I liked the new ECM to the BCM but not the new TCM to the BCM. My shop has the codes from that card to access everything. Just now have to wait for themt go get over to the dealer and flash this new TCM. Hopefully this takes care of the problem.
i hate that stupid pass thru programing toke my a couple tries but got it dune

1 - 9 of 9 Posts