LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im the 236 on the right. Just curious if i should be running faster. Mods are 5.7 6 speed x air intake long tubes x pipe. Half ass tune. Tires were nt555r2s. Only weight savings were emptied trunk.

·
Registered
2006 Pontiac GTO
67 Posts
When my 2006 LS2 was completely stock it ran [email protected] with a 2.25 60'.

Looks like your LS1 with mods is running like a stock LS2. Stock LS2 has what, 50hp more? So it seems in line with your mods.

·
Worthless reject member
40,993 Posts
i don't have experience with the r2's, but your 60 foot tells the story. a drag radial should not be getting you 2.1 second 60 foots. i did have the original 555r's, and they were not a great drag radial. have tried BFG drag radials, mickey thompson, and hoosier, and they were all better. some have said that the 555r's just needed a lot of heat to hook, so a longer burnout, but i dunno. they made a decent street tire, though.

that is assuming track prep was ok and you had your tire pressures correct. also, if you are a stick car, you have to control your hit out of the hole. too much hit and your tires will just spin.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i don't have experience with the r2's, but your 60 foot tells the story. a drag radial should not be getting you 2.1 second 60 foots. i did have the original 555r's, and they were not a great drag radial. have tried BFG drag radials, mickey thompson, and hoosier, and they were all better. some have said that the 555r's just needed a lot of heat to hook, so a longer burnout, but i dunno. they made a decent street tire, though.

that is assuming track prep was ok and you had your tire pressures correct. also, if you are a stick car, you have to control your hit out of the hole. too much hit and your tires will just spin.
For sure. I did weak burn outs. Had a broken sway bar link i didnt realize so i was more or less walking out on the start. I need to work on my clutching for sure off the line. Tire pressure was 20 psi when warm.

·
Been here for a long time...
4,659 Posts
Location/weather have an effect. That short time is killing you. When mine was still stock, even with the crappy BFG's, I got it down to 13.25. Very first pass with 600 miles was a wheel hopping 13.7. Took 4 trips to the track to whittle it down and get the launch right. Then the mods came :)

Practice is what it takes. What psi in the Nittos? I think I used to run 22psi in them but can't remember as it's been so long. Regular street tires always ran 32psi.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The drag strip at in michigan is 915 feet above sea level. It was around 60 and sunny. Psi was 20. I think not having the sway bar hooked up was causing my more then normal wheel hop. I have new links and bushings and pedders waiting to go in

·
Worthless reject member
40,993 Posts
For sure. I did weak burn outs. Had a broken sway bar link i didnt realize so i was more or less walking out on the start. I need to work on my clutching for sure off the line. Tire pressure was 20 psi when warm.
hmm. longer burn out should help you. do it in 2nd gear, should get you more wheelspeed and heat them up quickly.

did the rear or front sway have the broken link?

·
Worthless reject member
40,993 Posts
yeah the rear one matters a little. fix the end link and then roast them suckers before you stage. you'll get a 1.8-1.9 60 foot at least and be in the low 13's.

·
Seriously?
1,586 Posts
On my 2004 with SLP long tube with cats, Corsa catback, LPE intake and tuning, I ran a 13.23 at almost 108.xx, on street tires. Ran a similar 60' as well. There is more in your car and I agree with the Nittos... dump them for some MT ET Streets and I bet with practice and a better launch you are in the 12s. This is also assuming a decent track prep and weather.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts