LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
'SEMPER FI' CGM Member
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 04' PBM/Red A4 w/ 13,300 what do you guys think sell it or trade in and if i sell what do you guys think i should sell for i just looked at carmax and cars.com and the 04' are running around 21k-25K the only reason im doing this is because i want a 6speed now and of course the extra 50hp

Well with in the next month or two i might be either trading or selling the GOAT so i can get my hands on a 06' PBM M6 not sure if i should wait for any specials or incentives. ive gone to 2 dealers so far Howard Pontiac which is where i bought the goat and well they offered 15k on trade in and 31880 on the 06' then i went to some other one in naperville forgot the name its one of them big ones well same thing trade in at 15k and 31955 they wanted to get me at a 499 a mon. payment for 72mon. i was like na ill keep in touch.

GTO 5.jpg

GTO 6.jpg

Photo_0067.jpg

·
13 year owner
16,382 Posts
Village is the one in Naperville.

You will always get more on your current vehicle by selling it outright. It may take some time, but...

CarMax is a bunch of schisters when it comes to buying your car. Don't listen to their stupid commercials.

·
'SEMPER FI' CGM Member
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CMNTMXR57 said:
Village is the one in Naperville.

You will always get more on your current vehicle by selling it outright. It may take some time, but...

CarMax is a bunch of schisters when it comes to buying your car. Don't listen to their stupid commercials.

Yeah i just saw the one in naperville was Village well i havent even tried going to carmax to see what theyll give me but i might go sometime this week just to see what they say.

·
CAUTION!!!!
9,883 Posts
Don't sell it to carmax, unless you like getting bent over... if so, bring some lube cause they don't provide it.

Do as Lane says, find a buyer and get some more $$ for it, but all I can say is have fun with bad struts/oil consumption/weak rods....!!!!

·
13 year owner
16,382 Posts
CarMax WILL NOT give you ANYWHERE near what the car is worth. It's almost a waste of gas.

I got into an argument with the apprasier over our Intrepid (which we bought there mind you). He basically told me what the value of the car was. When I told him that A) he (CarMax) initially bought the intrepid from the company I work for and that B) The TrailBlazer we were looking at was also one of my company's former fleet vehicles, and that I have access to more market value information on this Intrepid (which I did bring and show him), he turned white and his excuse was that they don't go by any of the values I brought. KBB, Edmunds, NADA, Fleetworld, Fleetview, as well as a few other proprietary sources were useless to him. All pointed to an average value for our Intrepid of about $8k. They were gonna give us $2,500. I told him to take his self appraised numbers based on no industry backed values and stuff them up his a$$! I then questioned his appraising skills to his manager.

Anyway, CarMax's "one low price" works on both ends. So don't even waste your time. CarMax is only good to buy a car. Not sell.

·
Registered
52 Posts
That seems a little low on the trade value. I was going to trade my 04' in about a month ago, I had 46k on the odometer and I was offered 17k at one dealer and 17.5k at another. I would shop around a little cause that just seems a little to low to me.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Trade in does seem low, I got $15k for my 04 SRT-4 with 19,000 miles on it.

·
'SEMPER FI' CGM Member
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
well i went to the Grossinger stealership today after work and well this new dumb guy was helping me out but ok w/e the case maybe i told them that the least ill take for the trade in is 19k and i wanted the 06 for no more than 29k just forgot to specify 29k otd well either way im gonna wait till next tuesday to take it in so they can look at it since i had the DD today and then ill try and work the price more i just hate those guys cuz they think people dont know what their doing and then their customer service so sucks ass....it was funny cuz i told them i had a 04' and their still trying to explain to me the diff between the 2 which by the way they where wrong other than the 50hp which is about the only thing they got right.

oh and i also saw a 06 PBM/Red which is what i want on cars.com for 27.5k in NJ w/ 10mi but man that a good distance and then i want to see the car before actually making a deal.

·
'SEMPER FI' CGM Member
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
gotzaGTO said:
Don't sell it to carmax, unless you like getting bent over... if so, bring some lube cause they don't provide it.

Do as Lane says, find a buyer and get some more $$ for it, but all I can say is have fun with bad struts/oil consumption/weak rods....!!!!
well i know thats a big issue especially the struts which i know i will be taking it back to the dealer but i might just upgrade to pedders and do a lil work to it its just that i want a 6-speed so bad now i should have done it when i first bought it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts