LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Growing up is an option
17,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i have been having a problem with my car's horn honking 4 times whenever i locked it. i went thru the dash display and changed the settings there on indications but it still occured. yesterday i was looking thru the TSBs in the engine tech section and someone posted about theirs doing the same thing and it turned out to be the passenger door lock. i went and checked mine and sure enough when i pushed the fob the horn honked and the passenger's knob didn't go down. i guess when i thought i was locking my car i wasn't :comp:. if i pushed it down manually and used the fob for the driver's door it didn't honk. the passenger's knob feels like a gear is engaged when i push or pull it. i guess it's off to the dealer soon to get it fixed under warranty. i don't THINK they can blame it on my headers or modified engine :)

·
It was a...
2,322 Posts
The "4 honks" may be a complaint from the BCM that the command didn't execute properly because the pass door lock is sticking. The pass door lock sticking was caused by the button (on the door lock on the door panel) being to large and just sanding it down a bit helped. (A little lube might help too.)

Good warranty problem for someone else to fix! Good luck!

·
Registered
310 Posts
something like that happens to mine too. if i lock it while the passenger door is open then it'll honk at me then i have to get in the car and manually lock the passenger door to get everything to work again.

·
Not an official sponsor!
65 Posts
Doesn't it say something in the manual about numerous horn bursts like that are a sign that someone tried get in your car?? you might want to look into that.

·
should have had a v8
523 Posts
You get the 4 honks when you try to lock the door this the passenger side open. Its so you don’t lock your car keys in the car. You also cant push the lock down with the door open. In all likelihood is the door switch must think its sill open. More bugs in the electronics gees do the gremlins ever stop.

·
Registered
11 Posts
horn honking

the horn you hear is the security system horn,in oz our cars have two horns,one under the front bumper your main horn,under bonnet security system, the beep is telling one off your doors arent locked ,it is common in oz you may need new lock acuators my car does it sometimes :gears:

·
Registered
11 Posts
horn honking

gto that leak water and sticky door lock buttons are a present to you from gmh,but what about alloy wheels that corrode to the hubs you need to bash the suckers off holdens = bastard inc , global cost cutting
:bootyshak :bootyshak :bootyshak :fawkdance :fawkdance

1 - 8 of 8 Posts