LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
wut?
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this recurring issue with my GTO for years now, typically in the colder months. When I unlock it to get in, the doors unlock like normal, but the passenger side will keep trying to unlock, maybe 6 or 7 times in a row. It locks & unlocks fine otherwise but it's extremely annoying & makes me think something is going to break eventually. Is it the lock mechanism or something else??

Side note, is anyone else's GTO extremely buggy when it's cold out? When it's extremely cold, around 20°, I'll randomly get beeping & alarms from the dash upon start up. It goes right away & doesn't seem to cause any issues, just annoying.

·
Administrator
20,799 Posts
Check your battery and other primary electrical connections.

·
LS9 FTW
289 Posts
Definitely follow Steel Chickens direction first, especially on the negative battery terminal.

I have had on/off similar issue with the passenger door lock (even tried a new solenoid with no change). I removed the entire door latch assembly and noticed that the old grease was sticky (see on attached photo the areas with the rivets where arms rotate) and there was a little bit of corrosion. I cleaned and greased these parts of the mechanism and worked it a bit, reinstalled and its been perfect since.
Not a terrible job, just took about 1.5 hour or so.
92187611.jpg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts