LS1GTO Forums banner

Drag Race at the GTOAA Nationals

1K views 32 replies 10 participants last post by  Irakz 
#1 ·
Does anyone have more information on this event? All the website says is Drag Racing at Gateway International Raceway from 12-8 on 6/30.

I presume it will be bracket racing preceeded by some dialing-in runs? What classes are there, and will there be a times-only class?

Sarge and I are going to do our little showdown there, if possible. :punch: I'm not interested in bracket racing - just want to line up against Sarge a few times (best two of three gets bragging rights).

Also looks like there might be Test-n-Tune on 6/28 and 6/29 - I might go to that as well, just in case one of the other days the weather is bad.

Anyone else planning on drag racing at the GTOAA Nats?

Padre

#2 ·
PadreGTO said:
Does anyone have more information on this event? All the website says is Drag Racing at Gateway International Raceway from 12-8 on 6/30.

I presume it will be bracket racing preceeded by some dialing-in runs? What classes are there, and will there be a times-only class?

Sarge and I are going to do our little showdown there, if possible. :punch: I'm not interested in bracket racing - just want to line up against Sarge a few times (best two of three gets bragging rights).

Also looks like there might be Test-n-Tune on 6/28 and 6/29 - I might go to that as well, just in case one of the other days the weather is bad.

Anyone else planning on drag racing at the GTOAA Nats?

Padre
I will be there to race.......I assumed the 12-8 thing was like a test n-tune

#3 ·
Here is Gateway's schedule. It does not show anything for the 30th of June. I would assume it will be like a test and tune, but who knows. I am looking forward to meeting everyone that can make the trip.

http://www.gatewayraceway.com/pdf/05dragSched.pdf

Have a great weekend :D :D

#4 ·
Well, when we went to the Pontiac Uprising in Wichita, it was a bracket race event. I'm assuming this will be the same. The autocross event at the GTOAA Nats has a list of rules and so on, but not the drag race event. I'm also guessing there might be cash awards for the bracket races. But I might be wrong.

Padre

#5 ·
PadreGTO said:
Well, when we went to the Pontiac Uprising in Wichita, it was a bracket race event. I'm assuming this will be the same. The autocross event at the GTOAA Nats has a list of rules and so on, but not the drag race event. I'm also guessing there might be cash awards for the bracket races. But I might be wrong.

Padre

Hopefully it is bracket racing...Thats the only way I will beat your a**. :punch: :gr_jest: :gr_jest:

Just kidding Padre. Looking forward to meeting you.

#7 ·
HRJ said:
Nah...I can see me breaking something up there.........
what? you wuss.........breaking what? your not makin enough power yet....... :gr_jest: :gr_jest:

#9 ·
PadreGTO said:
Really, besides we can toss a few and see if we can break some beer mugs instead. :drink: That alone would make the trip worth it.

Padre
Oh we will.......I already have a room reserved....I'm just not gonna chance any breakage 13+ hours away from home with my 3500rpm clutch dumps.

#10 ·
PadreGTO said:
Really, besides we can toss a few and see if we can break some beer mugs instead. :drink: That alone would make the trip worth it.

Padre
HRJ is going for sure, I guess he is too chicken to race though........hahaha.....

I will take on the winner of the Vatican vs. Oprah showdown....... :bubbrub :drink:

#13 ·
HRJ said:
LOL.....no thanks.....but I'll buy the first round. ;)
:bubbrub :bubbrub :drink: :drink: :bubbrub :bubbrub

#14 ·
wish I could afford a trailer.. I'm leaving here (chi-town area ) @ 7 am Thursday morning to hopefuly get there in time to see Padre kick some Geek butt. Try to get a few of the runs in @ 2PM. The maps say that it is a 5 hour drive but who knows?

there are a bunch of us comming down or in as the case may be. I know for sure that DY, GMHGTO, CMNTMxr and myself are heading down from here. Then there is Warren, Richnap, Dblue, HRJ .. We are gong to have quite a crew..

#15 ·
sxty8goats said:
.. We are gong to have quite a crew..
Yea buddy!!!!!!!!!!

I am thinking I wont remember the friday mod meeting at all......or much of anything else....... :bubbrub :bubbrub :gr_jest: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

#18 ·
PadreGTO said:
So where's the party Thursday night gonna be? Is there a Hooters nearby? :sneaky:

Padre
no more hooter girl pics for you mister. :gr_jest: :gr_jest: :drink: :drink:

#20 ·
PadreGTO said:
Just one pic? Please? :( :cry:

Padre
ok ok as long as you let Sarge win the first race

sister mary cleavage......gee that was sure the truth. I told her when we were leaving that her pic was gonna be posted on the internet by 2am that night with a priest.....she was like Bring it on!!!! :gr_jest: :D

#21 ·
I was planing on tossing a set of Nitto 555DR's on the back but Padre's ride in the rain has me a bit leary. Normaly it wouldn't be an issue because I don't drive in the rain but... 4 days away from a garage..

#22 ·
sxty8goats said:
I was planing on tossing a set of Nitto 555DR's on the back but Padre's ride in the rain has me a bit leary. Normaly it wouldn't be an issue because I don't drive in the rain but... 4 days away from a garage..
I drove in the rain frequently and for long distances with the Nittos. No problems. But I won't make any promises.

Padre

#23 ·
I'm crazy enough to take that as an endorsment. :) we'll see what I have left over after she gets out of the shop at the end of the month..

#24 ·
sxty8goats said:
wish I could afford a trailer.. I'm leaving here (chi-town area ) @ 7 am Thursday morning to hopefuly get there in time to see Padre kick some Geek butt. Try to get a few of the runs in @ 2PM. The maps say that it is a 5 hour drive but who knows?

there are a bunch of us comming down or in as the case may be. I know for sure that DY, GMHGTO, CMNTMxr and myself are heading down from here. Then there is Warren, Richnap, Dblue, HRJ .. We are gong to have quite a crew..
There may be some of us minnesota guys too!

#25 ·
Well we are leaving this area @ 7am Thursday morning. If you want to caravan down as a group..

#26 ·
Maybe we'll come down wednesday and stay in chicago that night!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.