LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LS1/LS2 guys n' gals planning to attend the meet:

As of yesterday, there were only a few people signed up for the drag racing event at the meet. Please consider entering your car in the drag racing event.

This year's activity will not only feature the Jim Wanger's Invitational drag race as is typical at most meets, but there will also be a High Performance Pontiac (HPP) Shootout. This is a great opportunity to for you to possibly get yourself and your car featured in a national magazine.

To enter the shootout, go to www.highperformancepontiac.com, and email the forms directly to Mike Radke at [email protected]. We're only a month out from the meet, so if you want to enter, don't delay. I appreciate your consideration.

Bob Alexander
President, GTOAA

·
CAUTION!!!!
9,883 Posts
This is an 1/8 mile track, right? If so, no thanks! I perfer the 1/4 mile. And on top of that, it would suck to break down 7 hours from home!!!

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
Well, first off, very few details have been provided about the drag race. Bracket, shootout, heads-up, time-only? Secondly, it's at the 1/8th mile track, but I can deal with that. Third, the rules aren't clear - if all IHRA/NHRA rules apply, then some of us won't be able to run without a rollcage (among other things).

I went ahead and signed up for the Jim Wangers race, and maybe I'll submit something for HPP.

I'm just saying that it's not clear exactly what's going to happen. For example, I could care less about bracket racing. I just want to run, but if it's a bracket race and I only get in a couple of runs, then it's not worth my while.

Padre

·
Registered
13,016 Posts
gotzaGTO said:
This is an 1/8 mile track, right? If so, no thanks! I perfer the 1/4 mile. And on top of that, it would suck to break down 7 hours from home!!!
Exactly.....If I was trailering, I would prolly do it, but I have to drive 1,000 miles back home after the event.

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
It only sounds like were showing up for a T&T? The whole 1/8th. mile thing kinda blows, I checked and they don't make a 5.13 gear for the GTO diff:(

I'm signing up for drag racing, just so I can hang out with padre:)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your feedback on the drag race. I understand your concerns about driving your cars to the meet and then racing them.

The Jim Wangers Invitational is usually a bracket style race. I have entered in the past and just raced for time only. So, depending on the management of the track, there should be opportunities for time only runs. Speaking of track management, IHRA/NHRA rules will apply. I'll try to obtain a copy of the track contract and review the specific rules. I read it earlier, but I don't remember all of the specifics.

The track is 1/8 mile. Since the meet moves to different locations each year, you sometimes get a 1/4 mile track for the drag race. I've been attending meets since 2000, the majority of the meets I've attended are near locations with a 1/4 mile track.

As far as the Shootout goes, there's a link to the registration form that I posted earlier. As part of the form there is some information on the event. Anyway, thanks again for your feedback and for your consideration.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
I'll most likely race just for fun though......I am not wild about 1/8mile either but oh well.

·
Need to Speed!!!!!
475 Posts
so did i

never raced before so hoping they will let me in because i'm a newbie

1 - 11 of 11 Posts