LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Nothing
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the GTO to the track last night. Weather was perfect(mid 40's), track was pretty good. With very little tirespin, the best I could get was [email protected] This is an A4 car with no mods and 1400 miles. 60 ft/times were not impressive with 2.075 being the best. The mph is good so the power is there, an M6 car could probably nail some 13.60's, maybe even a 13.50 with tires and the right driver.
The track was busy so I was only able to get 4 runs in. I didn't get much chance to try different shift points, just let it shift itself. Experimented foot braking twice but it 60 footed better when flashing the converter. One thing I noticed is that the car shifts too late into third. I think this alone could yield a few hundredths. One thing to play with when LS1 edit becomes available. I think altering a few shift points and deleting torque management could probably get a tenth. The car should also get faster as it gets more miles on it and loosens up.
Anybody else been to the track yet?

PS - going on vacation for a week so don't take lack of response to this post personal ;)

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
All Right. The mark is in the sand!!
:drink: :drink:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Nice times. :cool:

Glad to see a GTO owner taking the car to the track.

I was beginning to wonder when we would see some ET's.

·
10 sec club
471 Posts
tterbo said:
Took the GTO to the track last night. Weather was perfect(mid 40's), track was pretty good. With very little tirespin, the best I could get was [email protected] This is an A4 car with no mods and 1400 miles. 60 ft/times were not impressive with 2.075 being the best. The mph is good so the power is there, an M6 car could probably nail some 13.60's, maybe even a 13.50 with tires and the right driver.
The track was busy so I was only able to get 4 runs in. I didn't get much chance to try different shift points, just let it shift itself. Experimented foot braking twice but it 60 footed better when flashing the converter. One thing I noticed is that the car shifts too late into third. I think this alone could yield a few hundredths. One thing to play with when LS1 edit becomes available. I think altering a few shift points and deleting torque management could probably get a tenth. The car should also get faster as it gets more miles on it and loosens up.

PS - going on vacation for a week so don't take lack of response to this post personal ;)
Nice times!

2.075 isn't that bad a 60' time for a stock, skinny-tired car.
Keep practicing & report back how you do. :cool:

·
Registered
524 Posts
tterbo said:

And I'll tell you, A stock 64/65 GTO was a full second and 10mph off that. :thumbs:

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Thats a very good time for an auto weighing 3700lbs. I'm sure the computer is holding the car back, as well as the tires.

I think that is a good start, congrats :)

·
\m/ (>.<) \m/
762 Posts
That's a good benchmark. When I get a few more miles on my M6, I'll take it to the track and report back the results.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Motor needs more break in time. I could barely do 100-101 on my LS1, then I hit about 5k miles and started picking up mph all the way up to 108sh. Now Im at 9.5k and it seems to have leveled off. I would have thought driving would have something to do with that, but I really cant see that Ive done anything different.

·
Nothing
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Going to do a few mods this week and hopefully go back to the track either Thursday night or Saturday. Mods include:

Vigilante 2600 stall converter
BFG drag radials (275/40R17)
TB bypass
weight reduction (removed 90 lbs.)

As long as everything goes well, I will post results soon!

·
Registered
26 Posts
tterbo said:
Going to do a few mods this week and hopefully go back to the track either Thursday night or Saturday. Mods include:

Vigilante 2600 stall converter
BFG drag radials (275/40R17)
TB bypass
weight reduction (removed 90 lbs.)

As long as everything goes well, I will post results soon!
Some of the boys down under are getting big (couple of tenths) gains from PCM mods

I remember one "street legal" A4 300 RWHP Monaro -
[ (PCM / CAI / exhaust) mods ] running somewhere around a 13.1 quarter
- Think it had a 3.73 rear with
street tires and NO converter swap

·
Nothing
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
GTO_Again said:
Some of the boys down under are getting big (couple of tenths) gains from PCM mods

I remember one "street legal" A4 300 RWHP Monaro -
[ (PCM / CAI / exhaust) mods ] running somewhere around a 13.1 quarter
- Think it had a 3.73 rear with
street tires and NO converter swap
Yeah, I can see where PCM mods will help out. The car doesn't seem as strong on the top end as my WS6 did. As soon as I can disable torque management and play around with the shift points, I'm pretty confident there will be a few tenths worth.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'd say once the engine breaks in a little more, and when you get used to driving it, you'll have your time down in the 13.6's.....possibly lower. Keep us informed, and get that 60' time down!!

·
Nothing
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I removed the MAF screen and ordered an MTI ported throttlebody today. Hopefully that will help lean it out a little and bring the mph up some.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hmmm... I have yet to see one of you guys on the street in Chicago. Maybe cause of the weather, but getting anxious, swear!!!

:wall:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts