LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a trip to the drag strip I need some help off the line. I was able to get a best run of 13.19 at 110mph. I guess thats not to bad but I really thought I could get into the 12's. My 60 ft was 2.16. I wheel hop bad in first and some on the second shift. I'm running Goodyear F1 GS-D3 tires in 245/40 18. I can't use drag bags since I have eibach springs. How much help if any would drag radials be? Any brand get better results than the others? Thanks for any advice.

·
mid-11 second club
1,151 Posts
with nittos 555r DR you shoudl be able to cut 1.8 60'.

i cut 1.95 with a stock stalled auto. i have neevr had them spin at the track....yet.

if you want more then that, look into some BFG, or MT, DRs

·
Supercharged and a Warranty
434 Posts
With 18's def. go with the BFG's. They are alot softer so you won't get the miles out of them like Nitto's, but I've gone 1.59 60' with mine. They hook just like slicks.

·
Registered
34 Posts
BFG's are very good. Nitto's are a little harder type of rubber but are still good. You will notice a considerable differance. with a 60' of 2.1xx, thats horrible! you can see this in your mph also... getting radials will help ALOT, however your wheelhop may or may not completely go away.

Hope this helps.

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
With 18's, your only choice is BFG Drag Radials. Nitto makes 18's, but only 285 and up. BFG makes 18's in 245 and 275. I'd recommend the 275's.

Padre

·
Registered
73 Posts
waht can you exspect to cut off your 1/4 time with nitto's? (est.) with a 04 m6????

·
8,959 Posts
And, um, don't drive MT's in the rain. Trust me.

I did drive Nittos in the rain with no problem, but I may have been lucky. I don't know about BFG's in the rain.

But my recommendation is a separate set of rims for track use only.

Padre

·
Objects in mirror dont matter
3,777 Posts
PadreGTO said:
And, um, don't drive MT's in the rain. Trust me.

I did drive Nittos in the rain with no problem, but I may have been lucky. I don't know about BFG's in the rain.

But my recommendation is a separate set of rims for track use only.

Padre
Search for Padre mudding pics to see MTs in the rain...
I live in Tampa, and we get inch in 15 minute rain here regularly. I use my Nittos all the time on the street and go to my KDWS for long trips only. No problem, they hold fine.
+1 on the extra rims. Comes in handy to be able to swap in 15 minutes.

·
10 Second N/A Club
5,542 Posts
fl04gto said:
After a trip to the drag strip I need some help off the line. I was able to get a best run of 13.19 at 110mph. I guess thats not to bad but I really thought I could get into the 12's. My 60 ft was 2.16. I wheel hop bad in first and some on the second shift. I'm running Goodyear F1 GS-D3 tires in 245/40 18. I can't use drag bags since I have eibach springs. How much help if any would drag radials be? Any brand get better results than the others? Thanks for any advice.

Nittos are not bad But you might get a litlle wheel hop in cold weather I ran my best ever with Nitto's last Nov ...The track was prepped really well that day Along with a monster burnout like the one in my Sig:D

·
Dad's Yellow Goat
632 Posts
The BFG's are not bad on the street either...I actually got caught at at meet in a surprise Ice storm last November and made it home(slowly) okay. They do not last long though. I have had two sets not seeing more the about 3,500 miles on each. I have taken Padre's advice and I have a set of MT's for the track.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
PadreGTO said:
With 18's, your only choice is BFG Drag Radials. Nitto makes 18's, but only 285 and up. BFG makes 18's in 245 and 275. I'd recommend the 275's.

Padre

Do the 275s fit the OEM 18'' wheels without rubbing?

I want to get some drag tires for my OEM 18'' wheels.

·
8,959 Posts
BLACK05GTO said:
Do the 275s fit the OEM 18'' wheels without rubbing?
Not likely. Maybe if you never carry passengers in the rear or lots of weight. Also maybe if you get drag bags. But it's best to just go ahead and roll the fenders.

But 275's will fit on 8" rims without a problem (I have 275/40 MT DR's on my 17x8 OZ rims), though some advise caution, which is why I only run that combo at the track.

Padre

1 - 18 of 18 Posts