LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Est. Apr 2004
5,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dragway 42 Tues Oct 12 (maybe)

Just to let the NE ohio guys know I MAY stop by dragway 42 tomorrow night for test and tune. My in laws live 4 miles from the strip so I may take a few quick runs :burnout: with the wife just in case anyone else was planning on heading down.

·
alittle show, more go
393 Posts
TO FAR FOR ME TO DRIVE DURING THE WEEK, but i was up there saterday night, went 13.64 @102.98 i like that trak it hooked pretty good with my radials.

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Hmmm, i think i'll come on down for a little bit after work. Depends on how tired i am.

·
Est. Apr 2004
5,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Adam4356 said:
Hmmm, i think i'll come on down for a little bit after work. Depends on how tired i am.
You need the practice ;)
I haven't convinced the wife yet but if I get my chores done at the inlaws I'll be there.

·
Got Torque?
76 Posts
Well I live like 5 mins away sad thing is my car is in the shop waiting on axle bolts :(

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Ah, couldn't make it. Pretty cold night. You improve on your best Radkon ?

·
Est. Apr 2004
5,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didn't make it either. Turns out I underestimated the time it would take to train 2 60+ yr olds how to use Windows XP when upgraded from Win 95. Whou would've thought it would take 4 hrs.! ;) My buddy with the Daytona went and said conditions were good (he didn't blow anything this time) but he couldn't get traction, probably too cold. I'm thinking the last chance I'll have to get there will be Sat Oct 23, or Tue Oct 26 if the snow holds off. By then I should have the CS intake and the 2 hole mod done.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Hey guys. All this Dragway 42 talk has me curious. I've never been to a dragway and would like to know how it works for street rides.
1) Can I go there at anytime or are there special times available to make runs?
2) What is the cost to do so and how many runs does it cover?
3) Are helmets or any other safety equipment required?
4) Do you run solo or against the other lane?

Thanks for any input or tips.
Jim

·
Est. Apr 2004
5,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome aboard Jim, Dragway 42 usually has "test and tune" nights on Tues and Fri. www.dragway42.com. You pay the entrance fee (10$ to race as much as you want, 5$ for spectators) and you line 'em up and race. Really is that simple. Dragway 42 is out there (by Lodi) but its cheap and the people are friendly.

You can't just show up any old night, they have organized events from time to time so check the schedule.

·
Registered
297 Posts
radkon said:
Welcome aboard Jim, Dragway 42 usually has "test and tune" nights on Tues and Fri.
Ahh, I was wondering what the Test and Tune time slots were for. I'll have to make the trip and check it out sometime. Thanks...

·
alittle show, more go
393 Posts
depending on how well you drive you may need a helmet, they do have loner helmets there, i personaly like my own better lol, 13.99 or quicker is the cut off for this.

·
Registered
297 Posts
BLUEBYU said:
depending on how well you drive you may need a helmet, they do have loner helmets there, i personaly like my own better lol, 13.99 or quicker is the cut off for this.
I'll be sure to bring mine along. I'm not saying I'm a good driver or anything...but can a GTO really do any worse than a 13.99...

Thanks.

·
Est. Apr 2004
5,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
jimzman said:
I'll be sure to bring mine along. I'm not saying I'm a good driver or anything...but can a GTO really do any worse than a 13.99...

Thanks.

Look at my time slips, the last time we went (4 GTO's) only 2 of us got below 14 and that was only once a piece. But we were all newbies.

·
alittle show, more go
393 Posts
if you havnt been to the track before ( no offense) and your car is stock you proubably wont need a helmet, i would really like to get together on a date to meet the northern guys at the track, i cant make it during the week but, i am open for any weekend!!!!!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts