LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Monaro - Australian for GTO
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well what can I say, another 6000 member here.

After shopping the New Jersey scene over a month, in which the best deal I found was $200 under MSRP. I decided to give St. Pauley Motorsports a try, for his offer of vendor pricing. I gave Ron Pauley two color choices Blue/Blue and Silver/Red, M6's of course. Within in a week he found a Silver/Red from a dealer in MI.

I contacted the dealer and got the paperwork underway. The whole transaction happened over phone,fax and mail. The dealer was just great and I sent her the list of things that should come with the car and she used it as a checklist. The MI dealer clipped me for a $160 State Doc Fee (supposedly, she has to charge everyone or no one, I didn't argue this too mush as she was doing quite a bit of paperwork for me and this transaction)

So I decided to have the car shipped to NJ, Ron had arranged shipping for under $500 (CHEAP!!!). We had been waiting for the shipper to schedule pick up. In the mean time, I had arranged for insurance and already paid for the car.

Thursday my insurance card comes in the mail. I hit the ATM and notice ALL my money gone (check cashed). AND THE ITCH BEGAN. I called Ron to find out the shipping ETA, no word from the broker yet. Then a friend at work keeps bustin my balls about where is the car, "I can't believe you don't have it", just pushing all the wrong buttons (or right ones now that I think about it).

So after the a night of HEAVY drinking, I wake yesterday morning, I IMMEADIATELY hop on the computer to research airfare. At 7:30am I find a 9:15 flight leaving Newark connecting in Detroit going to Saginaw. The dealer happened to be 10 min from the Saginaw airport. Still unsure I kinda sat on the ticket for 1/2 hour, then the F***-It came in. And away I went. I actually walked into the airport at 8:30, while I was purchasing the ticket on my cell phone. I was in Saginaw at 12:40pm. Ron actually picked me up as he lived rather close and we went to the dealer togther.

Several pictures later, It was 1:30pm and I was on the road home with my new goat. Got it home at 1:00am, 730 miles later.

Now I just pray that my changing gears frequently and running the engine at varying RPMs allowed for proper engine seating.

All I can say is WOW, man!!! What a fun car to drive.

Another Satisifed Customer,
Carmine

Total costs:
Car $33,239 (including 6% tax)
Broker Fee $500
Gas for the ride home $56
Plane ticket: $85 plus 25,000 FF miles
Airport parking: $30
So I got the car for under $34K out the door, exactly where I wanted to be!!

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
congrats man. im considering going throught Ron too. so he couldnt get you vendor pricing?

·
Comp Eliminator Goat Driver
2,345 Posts
Congrats!! You went just about the same route as I did, with the exception of flying out to drive the car home.

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
:D Good for you :thumbs: :thumbs:

Now thats what I call determination :p

Welcome to the 6000 Club BADA BING!! :drink:

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
GriffinGoat said:
It was 1:30pm and I was on the road home with my new goat. Got it home at 1:00am, 730 miles later.Now I just pray that my changing gears frequently and running the engine at varying RPMs allowed for proper engine seating.
That brings out an interesting point. I know there have been many posts about breaking in this engine. However, I don't recall anything about how to drive if you have bought the vehicle a few hundred or in some cases several hundred miles away and have to drive the GTO home.

Anyone with any comments on this?

·
American Iron Horse
406 Posts
Congrats!!! :thumbs:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts