LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not ranch or thousand island....;) Rather, what is everyone using as a dressing on the dash? I am actually a detailer part time, but the dash is quite different than any other car I have detailed. I was thinking of using either Zaino leather treatment or some vinyl dressing I have, but would like your input. Also, please feel more than free to ask me any detailing questions you might have, as like I stated before, I own my own business on the side!

Thanks,
Brett

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
NuVinyl.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
BTLew81 said:
Not ranch or thousand island....;) Rather, what is everyone using as a dressing on the dash? I am actually a detailer part time, but the dash is quite different than any other car I have detailed. I was thinking of using either Zaino leather treatment or some vinyl dressing I have, but would like your input. Also, please feel more than free to ask me any detailing questions you might have, as like I stated before, I own my own business on the side!

Thanks,
Brett
Brett, I do think we will be interested in your final solution to the best way of cleaning the inside of the GTO. Please keep us informed. Thnks.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mlc...I will definitely let all of ya know. Right now I am thinking I may use the Zaino leather treatment, as it is very low gloss, has UV protection, and also says it is good for all interior surfaces. I might be tempted to try something I have that is a low gloss vinyl dressing, but I have a feeling it will still be too glossy. I tend to like the low gloss look in the Goat. We'll see...I should have an answer by tomorrow!

Brett

·
Registered
26 Posts
What about the suede on the door and under the dash? Does it need a protectant?

Can I assume you all are talking about the Zaino Z-9 Leather spray? I've never heard of Zaino and have never spent much time on the interior of a car.

Thanks for the advice!

J--

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I believe the Zaino I am talking about is Z-10. Zaino is a good product, and I will probably take some heat for this, but there are many other products out there, so research your choice and choose what YOU like best! :)

Brett

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I could use some advice on leather seats. I read that one person sealed the leather but I don't know what he meant. I've seen so many leather seat get dirty and I have never had luck cleaning them. I can see signs of it happening to my car so I would like to stop this before it gets worse. Any suggestion? Anyone?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As far as cleaning leather, I would suggest Zaino Z-9 cleaner, Woolite diluted like 10 to 1, or Lexol cleaner. These cleaners are all Ph neutral and will do a good cleaning without harming the surface. Hope that helps!

Brett

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have used a lot of different chemicals. I will have to say Zaino and Auto Magic are some of the best products.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts