LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I want to prep for the new wheels and tires coming in two weeks. I, of course, would like to put the big brakes on but I have that money budgeted for some HP mods soon to come! So I went and got a brake caliper painting kit similer to Desertgoats and I attached a few photos. This kit uses a brush to apply the paint which is a lot more precise then spray paint. The kit came with brake cleaner/prep, paint, brush, and mask tape for $14.00 at Autozone. Also, on the way are brushed aluminium GTO stickers designed for brake calipers. They will be installed on the fronts! I will post pics when on . . .

Doc

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
impulseblue gto said:
Sweet was it the duplicolor kit i used that on my old gtp that i traded in for my imb gto. looks good.

steve

Yes it was. Very easy but if you're anal like me it took about two hours to do the job! Worth it though . . .

·
Been here for a long time...
4,658 Posts
Aren't you a little young to be driving? :D Looks nice

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Remember Doogie Houser? Actually he is my car crazy son. He was checking out my newly painted calipers!

Doc

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
Doc GTO said:
So I went and got a brake caliper painting kit similer to Desertgoats and I attached a few photos.
Doc

Wow! Us goat owners are getting younger and younger everyday!

You did a great job BTW. The car looks so much better and more business like with red calipers. I know mine does!

·
Registered
54 Posts
nice job!
What's the name of the kit? I've been thinking about doing exactly that to my black/red m6 gto. I've also seen carbon fibre badges for the fender that are black and red - might make a nice combo.

·
Est. Apr 2004
5,861 Posts
I did the same thing this weekend to mine but I went with the yellow. I thought about red, had some left over from the Grand Prix but the wife said "I don't want it too look like a Ronald McDonald car". I just laughed and bought the yellow. I'll post pics later.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
looks good

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
derdave said:
nice job!
What's the name of the kit? I've been thinking about doing exactly that to my black/red m6 gto. I've also seen carbon fibre badges for the fender that are black and red - might make a nice combo.
The kit is made by Duplicolor and I bought it at Advanced Auto Parts fro $14.99

Doc

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
radkon said:
I did the same thing this weekend to mine but I went with the yellow. I thought about red, had some left over from the Grand Prix but the wife said "I don't want it too look like a Ronald McDonald car". I just laughed and bought the yellow. I'll post pics later.
Your wife was right! Yellow calipers should look great on your goat.

Doc

·
Est. Apr 2004
5,861 Posts
Doc GTO said:
Your wife was right! Yellow calipers should look great on your goat.

Doc
The yellow wasn't quite the same but once I got the wheels on they looked good. Pics tonight after her bath (the car not my wife) :D

The yellow matches a lot better than these pics make it look.

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
radkon said:
The yellow wasn't quite the same but once I got the wheels on they looked good. Pics tonight after her bath (the car not my wife) :D

The yellow matches a lot better than these pics make it look.

Wow! That yellow looks good in the brakes. If you had painted them red, you would have been the official car for McDonald's.

LOLOLOLOLOL

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
Doc GTO said:
Yes it was. Very easy but if you're anal like me it took about two hours to do the job! Worth it though . . .
You think your anal?
I took all 4 calipers off the car and painted them @ my kitchen table.
took me 2 days!!

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Holeshot said:
You think your anal?
I took all 4 calipers off the car and painted them @ my kitchen table.
took me 2 days!!
No, that is a step beyond anal. It's called rectal!!! LOL
:gr_jest: :gr_jest: :gr_jest:

Doc

1 - 17 of 17 Posts