Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received this email response from ROH:

Sent : Monday, October 4, 2004 3:11 PM
To : [email protected]
Subject : RE: drift r fitment

| | | Inbox

The fitment for the GTO that we offer specific for that vehicle is a 18x8 at a +41 and the 18x9 at +50 offset. The cost for the 4 wheels in the Magnesium finish including shipping and handling in the continental U.S. would be $955.80, in the Competition Black finish it would be $1055.80. Please contact us at (866) 764-8729 to order.

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: drift r fitment
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2004 11:58:03 -0700

I am interested in the drift r wheels but don't know what sizes are available. I am looking for fronts that are 18 x 8 with a 5 x 120 bolt pattern and a +45 offset and rears that are 18 x 9 with a 5 x 120 bolt pattern and a +58 offset. These are for a 2004 GTO.

Thank you

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
$955.80 including shipping!!!!. thats a great prce for 18" rims. would these require fender rolling? im guessing yes

·
Former GOATilicious SEG lover
2,637 Posts
GTOdriver7 said:
$955.80 including shipping!!!!. thats a great prce for 18" rims. would these require fender rolling? im guessing yes
Based on those offsets, no, unless you have a rear that's really off. From talking with Discount Tire, the rears at 48mm+ will fit without rolling.

What do these weigh?

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
I cannot BELIEVE these things are that cheap.

EDIT
I just did a random search on these on Google and found a place that has this setup for about $860 (not shipped).

·
I like boobs.
6,581 Posts
They are a pretty plain wheel... Any idea of the weight on these and what each finish looks like?

·
2,637 Posts
phobos512 said:
I just did a random search on these on Google and found a place that has this setup for about $860 (not shipped).
Mind sharing? :hail:

·
...and former GTO owner.
841 Posts

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
[QUOTE='91 Formula]http://www.jdwheels.com/images/roh drift r.jpg

http://www.groupawheels.com/DriftRGTO_02_small.jpg

http://www.groupawheels.com/DriftRGTO_03.jpg

http://www.groupawheels.com/DriftRGTO_04.jpg

http://www.groupawheels.com/DriftRGTO_05.jpg

http://www.groupawheels.com/DriftRGTO_06.jpg[/QUOTE]

thanks for the pics. do you know whose GTO that is?
they really dont look like they are 18" in those pics. i think i would have to accompany these rims with a suspension drop to give a real low profile look. :secret: :secret:

·
2,637 Posts
GTOdriver7 said:
thanks for the pics. do you know whose GTO that is?
they really dont look like they are 18" in those pics. i think i would have to accompany these rims with a suspension drop to give a real low profile look. :secret: :secret:
I just got off the phone with GroupA. Those are 18x8s and 18x9s with 245/40 and 275/35 Toyo T1-Ss...

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
miscreant said:
I just got off the phone with GroupA. Those are 18x8s and 18x9s with 245/40 and 275/35 Toyo TS-1s...
wow, great info, thanks. did they happen to mention if these required fender rolling?

·
Registered
56 Posts
GTOdriver7 said:
wow, great info, thanks. did they happen to mention if these required fender rolling?
I don't believe that they would require any rollling from what I have been reading. Arrowhead Performance just wrote me back and they had been waiting for a shipment of ROH Drift-R wheels for our cars in staggered sets as seen in the pics but with black spokes and polished rims. Apparently they received them but something is wrong with the finish on them. Pricing seems like about what I have seen somewhere around 210 to 250 per wheel. The really nice one is the ROH Modena (my taste) or if you really want the "look" OZ Superleggra III - also a Yellow Jacket with Coddingtons owned by someone on the forum is right up there with the "look".

·
2,637 Posts
GTOdriver7 said:
They said the toyos are spot on size wise and require no rolling (though since some rears are shifted on some GTOs, you might need to tap a side up a little or something)...

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
who sells Toyo Proxes? i have looked at both tirerack.com and tires.com and not found them. maybe i am not looking in the right place

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
The tire is actually called the T1-S, not the TS-1. That might be part of the problem.

EDIT

Etires.com has them:

247800 245/40ZR18 93Y Toyo Proxes T1-S Black Sidewall $247.99 Limited
241640 275/35ZR18 95Y Toyo Proxes T1-S Black Sidewall $257.99 Limited

No idea if that's a good price or how long this might last, don't think any sponsors sell these but I could be wrong.

EDIT
Just as a comparison, this ETires place sells the OE tire (BFG KDWS 245/45-ZR17 95W) for $151, Tirerack has them for $131 (or did when I ordered a replacement a while back)...So they're not the cheapest but they're not horrible either.

·
I like boobs.
6,581 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I also checked to see if I could get the drift r in the black ice finish and polished lip....no such luck :(

·
2,637 Posts
CSiJason said:
Ouch, those look like they still stick out quite a bit. Any word on what the offset is on the ones pictured?
The offset is 41+ and 50+ as posted in the email. I talked with Jeff at ROH today a couple times. They don't stick out, and he said with the toyos no fender rolling is required - he said he tested BFG drag radials and they rub because they are larger than exact size.

·
Registered
10 Posts
ROH Wheels

I am ordering a staggered set of the Drift R wheels 18 x 8, 18x9 in competition black. The offset on the rear should not require fender rolling. I am mounting Goodyear F1 GS-D3's 245/40 f and 275/35 r. This package fits my stealth look. BTW this wheel set is 2 lbs/rim lighter in the front and 1 lb/rim lighter in the rear. The modena's are only a couple of lbs per corner lighter than that.

·
I like boobs.
6,581 Posts
The rear didnt look bad but the front looked too wide. Mabee it is just the fact the car needs a drop bigtime.

·
2,637 Posts
CSiJason said:
The rear didnt look bad but the front looked too wide. Mabee it is just the fact the car needs a drop bigtime.
Yes, a drop would be good :)

1 - 20 of 72 Posts