LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so I discovered recently that the tuner I will be using is a decent ways out, like 100 miles, and we don’t have trailer availability on the date that we need, so I’ll have to drive my car out to the tuner. I was wondering what issues would arise here.

big stuff to mentio: car still has a tune from a previous motor and blower set up. Only thing we did to the tune file was modify the table for the new injectors (we went from 72lb injectors to 170lb injectors and car idles great). Also made a few mods to the tune to make sure she runs ok. Motor was a LS2 6.0 and is now a LS 7.0 block and a different heads cam setup.

even on first startup she ran just fine without being Overly rich and lean. Car also has an 80e swapped from a 60e. Would I be able to drive this car there without it blowing up?

·
Super Moderator
15,861 Posts
This is kinda tough to answer with just what you've posted.

Do you have a wideband in the car? Make sure it's not plug fowling washing down the cylinders rich.

Have you driven the car or only started it in the driveway/garage? Does the new trans seem like it's doing what it's supposed to do?

If you reset the injector data the car should be safe to drive, just don't beat on it and no boost.

·
Administrator
20,873 Posts
If the injector data is right and you drive it easy it should be ok. If the data is not right, it could go badly.

Eye on a wideband is a good idea.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah so there’s a wideband In the car: we’ve only driven the car around the parking lot but jt can’t be that far off because my shop did a little burnout...

I was planning on just driving it at 3000 RPM at the most with no boost. Just far enough for a tune. I was pretty shocked though that it ran so well. Perhaps because it was Dynotuned on the previous motor setup.​

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
changing injector data fixes that issue easily. although im surprised it isnt running lean gaining a liter

·
Registered
360 Posts
You can't rent a trailer from uhaul or penske or something? Seems like a rather large risk to take, doesn't take much extra fuel to fuck up some rings.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You can't rent a trailer from uhaul or penske or something? Seems like a rather large risk to take, doesn't take much extra fuel to fuck up some rings.
I suppose it could be flatbedded but we don’t even know how it runs on the street which makes me wonder if it’s even ready for a dyno? I suppose that’s also an issue I’m wondering about

·
1 of 40,757
6,647 Posts
As long as you stay in closed loop with around a 14.7:1 a/f ratio or .450 volts you'll be fine.
A basic OBD2 CAN reader should be able to see the narrow band o2 sensor readings.

·
Rambler is stuck in 2nd gear
2,063 Posts
Hey guys so I discovered recently that the tuner I will be using is a decent ways out, like 100 miles, and we don’t have trailer availability on the date that we need, so I’ll have to drive my car out to the tuner. I was wondering what issues would arise here.

big stuff to mentio: car still has a tune from a previous motor and blower set up. Only thing we did to the tune file was modify the table for the new injectors (we went from 72lb injectors to 170lb injectors and car idles great). Also made a few mods to the tune to make sure she runs ok. Motor was a LS2 6.0 and is now a LS 7.0 block and a different heads cam setup.

even on first startup she ran just fine without being Overly rich and lean. Car also has an 80e swapped from a 60e. Would I be able to drive this car there without it blowing up?
Is this an 05/06 ? I was curious because of the 170# injectors

·
Registered
858 Posts
Yea with the crap ecu of the 05/06, thats gonna be a serious bandaid tune for those injectors. Planning on a giant turbo I assume?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts