LS1GTO.com Forums banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
2/23/2007 = [email protected]
3,962 Posts
might not be as expensive as you think.......
I have been getting some emails asking if the Stock Axles will fit the 9" conversion (actually they want to know of the DSS/Hendrix axles will fit) the Answer is no.The 9" is a different width but the good news is if you have purchased axles or a driveshaft from us we can alter the parts you have to make it worth the swap. If you have been thinking about Changing because the cost to build the Stock rear is cheaper than the 9" because you have purchased the Axles and Shaft already it may not be as bad as you think. Give us an email [email protected] or call 1-800-564-2244 and lets see what we can do to help out.....
Good possibility I'll be in touch (or my installer) at some point
currently re-doing my Fuel System....click
than unto headliner (pain with the 6 Pt Roll Bar),
and a few other non-fast adjustments/installs...

Frank from the DSS sent me this nice piece.

05/16/2011: DSS one piece replaced these two pieces.

DSS piece installed

Added 05/31/2011

Attachments

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
We dropped off the new Wheel bearing mounts for the A-Arms to Scott Bagshaw's shop last week(we took a little longer than expected making them) we should have some pix soon, don't worry, we make quite a few so if anyone else wants some Fattys up under the fender its going to be a reality very soon

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #46 (Edited)
Its really coming out nice, i asked for some updated pictures but i think he wants me to take a ride and see him to get the pictures myself. i should be able to by the end of the week.

·
Unicorn
5,018 Posts
Funny you mention that. I talked to him earlier and he was pumped. Can't wait to see what his car will do with a rear that will hold all that power he will be making.

Jeremy
how is your buddy making out with that build ?
It's coming together nicely. He is really waiting to see how we squeeze those 345's under the rear. My guess is he will be doing the same minitub and LCA modifications here shortly. Guess we will see when he gets back from the desert.

I don't know about his buddy but I can't wait to see those wheels with the six inch lip!
6 inch lip? You've got the wrong guy. :dunno: Wouldn't be the first time you'd passed on the wrong info though. Aren't you the one that's updating/validating that 60's list...:lol:

+1 :turbonaug

I went by Scott's this past Friday and drooled all over the floors when walking around his car, picturing the massive dish.
Pictures would have been nice ass hole. :fawkdance I will be sure to wash my door handles/wheel/shifter/etc before getting in and placing hands anywhere.

We dropped off the new Wheel bearing mounts for the A-Arms to Scott Bagshaw's shop last week(we took a little longer than expected making them) we should have some pix soon, don't worry, we make quite a few so if anyone else wants some Fattys up under the fender its going to be a reality very soon
Appreciate all you are doing Frank. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Its really coming out nice, i asked for some updated pictures but i think he wants me to take a ride and see him to get the pictures myself. i should be able to by the end of the week.
You should just drop the Viper off while you're out there and have him do a nice turbo kit on that thing....:stickpoke

Hopefully soon i will get one
Definitely worth it if you're making the power to need one.

·
Will the car ever run?
3,335 Posts
When you added in gear and dif the moser 9in kit is the same price if not cheaper. I have still yet to understand your 1000% mark up on the cost for some brackets.

·
Alive, But not fixed....
1,083 Posts
When you added in gear and dif the moser 9in kit is the same price if not cheaper. I have still yet to understand your 1000% mark up on the cost for some brackets.
Ive been in on this argument since the beginning. I guess when their is only one or two people out their making "kits"....

EDIT: Well, I take that back, The 9" no, but the 8.8 Kit, thats a diff story...

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
I mean so disrespect to you both on this post but your kind of painting a bad picture of something that is a very good part for the car. Let
explain why.......

1. a good Driveshaft is about 1000.00 (including Billet trans yoke/rear mount)
this is included in our kit.

2. a good set of axles with stubs another what 1500.00 or more
they are also included in our kit.

3. Currie sells a independent case with no internals for (1349.99) with out brackets. its a nice piece but is also very large in diameter and may have clearance issues (we have worked with a few people putting this under different cars)

so with out any engineering, power coating,Hardware, mounting brackets, Insurance or advertising you would be in to it for 3849.99 (staying independent)

so for all the brackets, engineering and the kit being backed by a company that has been around for over 35 years and has been known to go out of its was for customer service requests were asking 4399.99 for our kit

The brackets are only about 550.00 (on or about) if you look at it like this. now I'm sure you could do this cheaper, you could put a solid rear in the car and ruin the ride and handling. Hell you could just by another car for that matter but the fact is this is the least expensive 9" kit we make. we also give forum members a discount when purchasing from us.

please respect this is our thread,If you dont want one dont buy it. I'm not looking for a debate about what some might feel, if this is a good value or not. We now just like in the past have spent the time and money to bring products to the GTO crowd to not only be able to give you something really great but also raise the bar on what this car can and is capable of.

·
Will the car ever run?
3,335 Posts
So you guys will sell brackets only for the 8.8 for $550.00?

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
So you guys will sell brackets only for the 8.8 for $550.00?
I'm not sure where the 8.8 kit question came from, the explanation above is a listing for the 9" kit. the 8.8 kit is a bit more involved as far as the brackets and rear cover go. We dont sell separate parts for either kit. sorry.

·
meenag01
304 Posts
Not to many people are gonna invest $5500 in parts on a car that you can get for $10k.
Since when does modding a GTO or any other car just about have anything to do with resale value? Almost never or for just pennies on the dollar. Resale value doesn't even make the list in my book. That is why there are demodding threads here every day.

The 9" option is great for people who need the strength and want to keep the GTO with reliability, 5500 is worth it compared to working on the stock diff over and over again. Our vendors have produced a lot of good options for these low count cars, not just in drivetrain.

41 - 60 of 67 Posts