LS1GTO.com Forums banner

81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
I just swithed to a Kooks Street Screemer exhaust and 3 inch 05/06 catted mids to get enough clearance on my 04 for my new Driveshaft Shop CF driveshaft. ... so yeah they fit.
the carbon shaft will have just a little more clearance than the 3-1/2 aluminum. not that most have issues unless the cradle bushings are bad.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Do you sell a aluminum 3 1/2 shaft for a th400 in the GTO?

·
Registered
96 Posts
My direct fit 1 Piece Aluminum Shaft Is En Route From DSS! Can't wait to get the stock junker off my 2006 GTO. Also interested in seeing if this portion of the description is true "Changing the shaft in this car is perhaps one of the most noticeable performance enhancements you can do as the car will have better throttle response and feel smoother overall. Not only is it lighter but the hanger bearing on the factory driveshaft moves up and down violently when the car is being driven hard. This action is not only dangerous but robs the drive train of power."

·
Registered
117 Posts
sorry if this seems to be a stupid question, but will the DS hit the stock exhaust on an 04? i need to install my stock exhaust back and want to make sure before.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Just put my CF driveshaft in along with a truetrac. It is not a lie, the car feels tighter snappier and over all just more connected with me the driver and itself. Im not sure on the difference between aluminum and cf, but I'm glad I finally did it. For those on the fence about pulling the trigger don't hesitate. If this is the next item due for upgrading you won't be disappointed. Thanks DSS for a quality product at a somewhat affordable price lol.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
For all you guys that have been waiting for the new batch, 16 shafts were shipped today and the flanges are back in stock and on the shelf.

81 - 90 of 90 Posts