LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week i had a thought about how to change the problem we were having with the threads on the rear plate. I had considered making it out of steel and still might but i came up with this idea. let me know what you guys think. The end is a 1350 End from a Driveshaft so you know its strong enough and we would supply it with a longer bolt and double nuts to ensure the bolts will not come loose ever !!!!!

We may also make it with a u-bolt yoke. this is only a prototype

only 1.8 lbs

what do you think ?

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Looks like a nice piece!

·
Registered
449 Posts
if/when you need a person to try the new version let me know, i have the whole rear out of my car now and would like to try it.

·
Registered
175 Posts
How long before this comes out? I'm in dire need of a new DS before the weather warms up and the goat comes out of the barn.

·
RIP
7,541 Posts
Would I need a longer driveshaft to try this out? I've already have one of your driveshafts and plates.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Would I need a longer Driveshaft to try this out? I've already have one of your driveshafts and plates.
No, we made it the same size as the plate and the flange, it will be a few Weeks before we can make a production part.i was just looking to see what
people thought of the idea, I'm making a u-bolts style one also, stay tuned where were ready ill pick a few people to try them

·
Hiding out in the sticks
1,558 Posts
I sure could use this part. Keep me in mind for a "test" car if you need one. I have had the bolts work loose to many times, and locktite is not helping me. Getting tired of having to jack my car up and check this thing every few weeks. I am also assuming my pinion seal is now leaking due to these bolts becoming loose and allowing "play"? Almost ready to put my stock drive shaft back in and sell this shaft and the adapter!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I sure could use this part. Keep me in mind for a "test" car if you need one. I have had the bolts work loose to many times, and locktite is not helping me. Getting tired of having to jack my car up and check this thing every few weeks. I am also assuming my pinion seal is now leaking due to these bolts becoming loose and allowing "play"? Almost ready to put my stock drive shaft back in and sell this shaft and the adapter!
you are always welcome to ask for one of these as long as you bought the shaft new.....

·
Hiding out in the sticks
1,558 Posts
^ No charge for that part hugh?

·
RIP
7,541 Posts
I want whatever is going to hold up to 4400rpm transbrake launches coming off the line spraying a 200 shot flashing the converter to 5000. I would be a good tester. Hint. Hint. I'll even be track legal with cage going in next week.

·
other kids were doing it.....
2,077 Posts
Will this allow me to direct bolt in a drive shaft from you? I am leery about having to take my car to a shop to have a yoke fitted to the pumpkin.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
For those intrested in the new style end i am deciding on the style and type end we will be making for this, i just showed the aluminum one so you see we are always looking to improve the product. this week i should have a 4340 style one to look at (or even test) this time of the year its hard to make new parts but seeing how some many were not happy with the aluminum plate i wanted to address the problem.

·
2/23/2007 = [email protected]
3,962 Posts
Just Curious

you are always welcome to ask for one of these as long as you bought the shaft new.....

Is this offer applicable or even apply to me?
1000 Horsepower Drive Shaft for 2004 GTO...
Ordered from Diff Tech 02/23/2006
Delivered from DSS and received 03/06/2006

10/2008
Replaced/Installed.... believe it was called:
1350/350 Power Glide Yoke

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Is this offer applicable or even apply to me?
1000 Horsepower Drive Shaft for 2004 GTO...
Ordered from Diff Tech 02/23/2006
Delivered from DSS and received 03/06/2006

10/2008
Replaced/Installed.... believe it was called:
1350/350 Power Glide Yoke

Yes i would give it to you just for having our shat that long.

·
Hiding out in the sticks
1,558 Posts
if you have bought the shaft from us or one of our dealers the part is free for the asking, we want to make sure your happy with your DSS purchase. let me know

I didn't, I bought it from a member here. Guess it doesn't matter if I am happy, since I got it second hand. I have PM'd the guy I got it from and he can just get me the part from you I suppose. Then, I will be happy! :spin:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts