LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it's my first kill since almost being killed. I really was provoked by this guy revving at the light. I rode by him and knew it was an M5(394hp) before hand. He quickly pulled out and pulled up to me at the light. 1/4 stretch, light to no traffic surprisingly.

The filter definately registered on the BUTT dyno. I know it won't last but I only had 3miles with it on and the car was breaking loose in a 2nd gear roll on!! Not that cool out either a bit humid here too.

Anyways. He pulls up and gets a way better launch. Once the RPM's built I was even in first, heard him bark 2nd and than about a second later I shifted 2nd and put a quick length on him!! I was shocked at how I pulled like that. My OS beeped at 60mph and I was done. Don't need to see M5's doing 360's either.

LS2 GTO+drop in K&N- 1, 80K M5 0

·
GTO Enthusiast, was owner
534 Posts
Nice work. BTW, they may show 394HP, but they are low on TORQUE compared to LS1/LS2's. You have to wring it's neck to get to that power level too.

Good win, especially considering the price differential! Congrats.

(It would be a different story on a twisty track run, however. :D )

·
Registered
276 Posts
I've been waiting for an M5 race. Good to know that it's at least close.

·
The Situation
3,358 Posts
good kill. Damn, high 12's stock, thats freaking awesome. you might have a freak on your hands (the car i mean) :)

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think this fall there will be many more stock LS2's in the 12's...people have had em' a bit longer and probably will do better now with more practice!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts